• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ClientCo asking for a copy of the contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ClientCo asking for a copy of the contract

Started a gig this week and asked today by the guy who interviewed me to send over a copy of the contract.

Thoughts on this? It has my rate on the final page.. Would assume this could piss the pimp off?

Shall I just pass the message on to the pimp that clientco have requested a copy and can he send it over?

Don't most contracts include a confidentiality clause, restricting you from telling anyone your rate (which would presumably include showing them the contract)?
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

I have been asked the same on my current gig, I refused on the grounds that the contract is between MyCo and the Agency and is a private business arrangement between the 2.

Ask them to send a written request to yourCo and attach the contract between them and the Agency for your services and yourCo will respond accordingly.

Comment

The contract between you and the agency has nothing to do with the client.

Either
        • send it over as it's no big deal (unless the contract prevents this)
        • refuse point blank because it's nothing to do with the client
        • ask the agency to send it over

I'd probably do the first, to be honest. If you are doing that, though, I'd ask for a copy of the client to agency contract first.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

In return will they give you a copy of their contract with the agency including rates????
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'd respond politely by email, asking why they need it, and CC the agent. If it's the individual manager overstepping their mark for whatever reason this would flush them out and set the tone going forward.

If there are specific terms they want to check then we can discuss it.

On principle I'm not going to submit to arbitrary demands without justification, and as TF said, let's see a copy of their terms with the agency please.

Comment

It's a strange request..

As per my other thread I was delayed getting on site due to trying to get the contract nailed down with the agency.. Lots of messing around due to opt-out etc..

I don't especially care about pissing the agency off and would rather the client was happy.. Perhaps they want to check the agency isn't taking the piss with margin..

Hmm.. I'm sure if I mentioned client wants copy of the contract to the agency they would say no.. But then the client might think I've gone behind his back to give the agency a heads up..

Comment

Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
                Don't most contracts include a confidentiality clause, restricting you from telling anyone your rate (which would presumably include showing them the contract)?
                You can get that clause removed very easily.

The agents just want to ensure you don't go around winding up permanent staff who have nothing to do with your contract and costs.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Ask the client why they need to see it, there may be a simple answer why that might actually benefit you. I had this once at one client who was just interested in finding out my day rate as they had a fixed-margin deal with the agency and they weren't sure the agency were playing fairly. I didn't give the contract but did show my first invoice to them with the rate on it, the client was happy as it matched the 8% margin deal written into the agency-client contract, I was happy as I knew that I was getting the right rate.

Comment

Could be about fixed rate. Could be that they have had issues with clauses not being mirrored - e.g. sub clauses.

They really should ask the agency and they could always then confirm with you that it's accurate.
                    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Working...
                    X