• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clients attitude to contractors inc internet access etc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taita View Post
    As my mother once said whilst I was on parade. " Look! There's my son." "Which one?" asked her friend. " The only one marching in step" replied my mum!
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Eggsactlee!

Comment

Use your phone whenever you need to look something up and consider an exit strategy of relations become more strained.

I haven't even got internet access in my current contract and really can't be bothered to fill in the forms to do it!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          You just need to think outside the box. With that kind of flexibility, Mr. Odd Fork would be uniquely equipped to assist in making a charlatan such as Uri Geller a heap of cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Smartie View Post
            You just need to think outside the box. With that kind of flexibility, Mr. Odd Fork would be uniquely equipped to assist in making a charlatan such as Uri Geller a heap of cash.
            No! Really? Uri Geller is not much more than a conjurer? I cannot believe I read that!!!!

Comment

I had exactly the same issue recently. Was taken into a room for a "chat" about my time keeping because I came in the office at 10:15 one day. My daughter was ill. It was also mentioned that I'm in the internet and on a contractor website looking for other jobs. Even I'm not that stupid. My manager couldn't give a toss but had to have the chat worth me because Permie X is watching me like a hawk.

Comment

Depends on what sites your looking at.
                I've been caught on a torrent site and the manager said "hey can you download me this movie as im not sure how to do it"

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  Sure, but all of my traffic will be going my external server through the encrypted tunnel.
                  Some clients have an usage policy which forbids doing this.

Of course, it's quite difficult to detect and block it....
                  Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by JRCT View Post
                    I had exactly the same issue recently. Was taken into a room for a "chat" about my time keeping because I came in the office at 10:15 one day. My daughter was ill. It was also mentioned that I'm in the internet and on a contractor website looking for other jobs. Even I'm not that stupid. My manager couldn't give a toss but had to have the chat worth me because Permie X is watching me like a hawk.
                    time keeping
                    your manager

Get out of there man!

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
                      Some clients have an usage policy which forbids doing this.

Of course, it's quite difficult to detect and block it....
                      I imagine any company which HAS an internet policy forbids this!
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X