• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Get rid of permie offers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get rid of permie offers

Hi,

I've uploaded my CV to a number of places, and already tired of agents calling me to offer permanent positions.
    I guess i should make it clear in my CV, that i'm looking for contracting only. What is the best way to do that? Shall i expecitly state it somewhere to get rid of these useless calls?

It is stated that my last work experience was a contracting job, but i guess this is not enough.

Originally posted by gabox01 View Post
    Shall i expecitly state it somewhere to get rid of these useless calls?
    Either this, or perhaps just send out thought waves and expect the agent to pick it up via psychic link.

But even if you state it explicitly, at best it will only reduce (not stop) these calls; these are agents we're talking about after all.

Comment

My CV says contracts only, and what geographical areas I'm interested in.
      Got a few trying to convince me to take a permie role. But not too many.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
        My CV says contracts only, and what geographical areas I'm interested in.
        Got a few trying to convince me to take a permie role. But not too many.
        And in which section did you mention that? Did you mention preffered daily rate as well?

Comment

And in which section did you mention that? Did you mention preffered daily rate as well?
          Right at the top in bold.

*** Spontaneous order CV ***
          Java Consultant (I can't remember what I called myself)
          Looking for contract roles in London / East Anglia

Spontaneous is super awsome, and handsome enough to spontaneously combust mentally irregular Daily Mail columnists, etc etc.....

Skills & technologies:
          Java - Mediocre
          Tolerating clientCo who genuinely don't regard themselves as hackers - Barely passable
          Peripheral vision while spamming CUK / LinkedIn at work - Awsome

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
            Right at the top in bold.

*** Spontaneous order CV ***
            Java Consultant (I can't remember what I called myself)
            Looking for contract roles in London / East Anglia

Spontaneous is super awsome, and handsome enough to spontaneously combust mentally irregular Daily Mail columnists, etc etc.....

Skills & technologies:
            Java - Mediocre
            Tolerating clientCo who genuinely don't regard themselves as hackers - Barely passable
            Peripheral vision while spamming CUK / LinkedIn at work - Awsome
            Nice!
            I did just that. Hope it will work.

Comment

Hi,

It is stated that my last work experience was a contracting job, but i guess this is not enough.
              Why would that be enough to suggest your next role should also be a contract role ?

Comment

Currently looking for new contract myself and found that while my CV being uploaded to the job sites has attracted a lot of calls for permie roles, a larger number of these calls than usual the agent has almost straight away said along the lines of "I realise you're a contractor but would you consider permie?" almost straight away saving quite a bit of time

Comment

AFAIK there is no way to remove the permie job calls. Some of them dont even read your CV, they just pick you out of a search of CVs with keyword matches and call the number or email address at the top of your CV.

One of these days I'm going to try removing my firstname/lastname from my CV and replace it with 'Cheeseslice LTD'.

Comment

I am 64 and have never had a permanent job in my life. Before I became an IT consultant I was always a temporary accountant. If some agent wishes to convince a client that I have finally decided to settle down I will pay the commission. I receive on average of 2 permanent job offers per week.

Comment

Working...
                    X