• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Training & IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.Whippy View Post
    Both ClientCo and end client are happy for me to go and still bill my time and I wondered how this would sit with IR35?
    JFDI.

They have offered the space on the course as a business decision so that the money isn't wasted. They have offered the course to staff and contractors, so there is no differentiation there.

Personally, I'm not sure that I would bill for the time, but if they are happy enough for you to do it... If there was an IR35 investigation, would anyone remember whether you billed for that time or not? If you are on a PWD contract, then is there any way you could do a bit of client work as well, either before or after the course?
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

My view on this is...stop worrying about little things that would be trivial as far as IR35 is concerned.

These are the kind of things that are only going to add up to form a bigger picture IF your house isn't already in order as far as the big 3 IR35 pointers go. If you're satisfied that your contract and working practices put you outside IR35, your not you to get caught by such trivial matters as this.

Any investigation probably wouldn't even get that far if you've done your due diligence, and whomever you engaged to handle any enquiry (good accountant, QDOS, PCG etc.) should get it shut down before then.

By all means keep an eye out and make sure these little things don't start to reflect a change in your working practices or your clients attitude/view towards you, but you should be doing this anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Eh? Mine was first. Brown noser!
        And NLUK 👊

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
          By all means keep an eye out and make sure these little things don't start to reflect a change in your working practices or your clients attitude/view towards you, but you should be doing this anyway.
          ^This
          +1
          WTCPS
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            What does that have to do with it?
            Companies send employees on courses to keep existing skills up to date and/or improve on existing skills. Effectively they develop their employees. As you are an employee of your own company, your company is responsible for your training and development. May seem strange your company getting paid by end client for your employee to attend a training course.

Comment

Working...
            X