additions to the top 10 tricks used by recruitment agencies for rate cuts, references
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Posts 21 to 26 of 26
  1. #21

    Contractor Among Contractors

    DirtyDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,814
    Thanks (Given)
    18
    Thanks (Received)
    86
    Likes (Given)
    595
    Likes (Received)
    228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobite View Post
    Just had this in my inbox for a Java contract in Berlin:
    You will also be kitted out with the best tools in the industry where you will have MacBook Pro Retina laptop AND two large 27 monitors so you can be fully immersed in code.

    The rate we can pay is between 200-250 euro a day but hopefully the above will make it slightly more interesting if this sounds like a low rate to you.
    I'll just take a higher rate thanks.
    Do you get to walk out with the kit at the end of it? Even if you did, that's taking the piss.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

  2. #22

    Should post faster


    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    168
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1
    Likes (Given)
    10
    Likes (Received)
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDog View Post
    Do you get to walk out with the kit at the end of it? Even if you did, that's taking the piss.
    That would depend on the definition of 'end', I suppose. "I've decided, having been here for one day, that I don't like this gig, so I'm terminating now. Oh, and I'll be taking all this kit with me". I wouldn't even bother billing for that day if they let me get away with it. They can keep their 250.

  3. #23

    More time posting than coding

    Cenobite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    234
    Thanks (Given)
    46
    Thanks (Received)
    6
    Likes (Given)
    75
    Likes (Received)
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MyUserName View Post
    And into the typing pool?
    Haha, yeah looking for that pay rise!

  4. #24

    Fingers like lightning


    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    547
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    3
    Likes (Given)
    62
    Likes (Received)
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobite View Post
    Just had this in my inbox for a Java contract in Berlin:
    You will also be kitted out with the best tools in the industry where you will have MacBook Pro Retina laptop AND two large 27 monitors so you can be fully immersed in code.

    The rate we can pay is between 200-250 euro a day but hopefully the above will make it slightly more interesting if this sounds like a low rate to you.
    I'll just take a higher rate thanks.
    The language is crude and not only does it suggest ignorant arrogance but it stinks of youthful brashness. In my experience, knowledgeable agents learned early in their career that treating contractors contemptuously does not further their cause.

  5. #25

    Godlike

    Bunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    9,296
    Thanks (Given)
    37
    Thanks (Received)
    183
    Likes (Given)
    98
    Likes (Received)
    652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taita View Post
    The language is crude and not only does it suggest ignorant arrogance but it stinks of youthful brashness. In my experience, knowledgeable agents learned early in their career that treating contractors contemptuously does not further their cause.
    Then why does Dodgy still do it?

  6. #26

    Fingers like lightning


    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    547
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    3
    Likes (Given)
    62
    Likes (Received)
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunk View Post
    Then why does Dodgy still do it?
    Maybe he prefers 'sleb' notoriety to financial success?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.