• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Roc-search - pointless waste of time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Next time tell them your reference is Charles Brown on 07064848737.

Nah, Charles is clearly the office monkey. Definitely Edie, she(he?) is a department manager!

Comment

Originally posted by monkfish View Post

Nah, Charles is clearly the office monkey. Definitely Edie, she(he?) is a department manager!
      Of course. Tell them to phone Charles but they have to get through to Edie personally as she makes the hirin decisions so is best placed.

Comment

Pretty much anything with "Search" or "Resourcing" is guaranteed a waste of time as they operate as consultants, not as legal employment agencies.

Comment

I had hassles with these lot.

Sent me an email and left a message for me to phone them. I did. Spoke to agent who said they'd call me back in 5 mins.

Did 5 hours later (8pm at night). I called again next day. Told agent would phone me back in 5. Never did. Gave up....
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Definitely time wasters. Applied for a role then realised it was exactly the same role advertised a month earlier when I got the same idiot phoning me back.

Comment

Constantly get reference fishing off these guys and always mentioning that they've got the perfect role...has never once amounted to anything more than a phone call. No JD, nada.

Comment

RoC Search Duke Street Reading

It would seem then that nothing has changed with this agency as the people working there are still spinning yarns about, job spec's being sent and requiring references before you have and interview or have even received the job spec. Companies like these if not all need to realise, whom it is that helps keep them in business?

Comment

Originally posted by wokingcontract View Post
                  Just got a phone call from Roc-Search - sounded like he was in a pub - very stupid sounding man - kept me on the phone for ten minutes about a "job" for a bank in liverpool street - then at the end pulled the old "they need references before they will interview you" - was getting annoyed at being lied to so said to email me. He tried to lie his way out of this - but I wasnt having it

Got home - found an empty email apart from subject line saying "send me your references"

Decided to spin it out - sent one back saying send me the job spec - guess what - no reply!

Arent these the same as ROC IT? If so, they're a small agency who want to meet you before submitting you to the client. Ive told them previously I dont do agency 'meets.'

They gave me some bollocks about them being able to satisfy the client about me personally. I said you can get that via a discussion over the phone. They said they like to see what people look like!

Click, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrr.
                  I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    However if you feel like being really mean slam the phone down on them when they ask for references If you are lucky they will ring you back claiming they were cut off so you can slam the phone down on them again.
                    Angrily pressing the end call button on a mobile doesn't quite have the same cathartic affect though
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                      Arent these the same as ROC IT? If so, they're a small agency who want to meet you before submitting you to the client. Ive told them previously I dont do agency 'meets.'
                      I'm surprised you didn't volunteer to go through their screening process
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X