• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CME group .net developer position

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CME group .net developer position

Hi,

Looks like they are looking for .net developers for quite awhile already. I have done Vending Machine test for them last year and once again in jan this year. Both time unsuccessful. Also I know at least two of my friends done it once.

Are they looking for some genius?

Originally posted by gemasp View Post
    Hi,

Looks like they are looking for .net developers for quite awhile already. I have done Vending Machine test for them last year and once again in jan this year. Both time insuccessful. Also I know at least two of my friends done it once.

Are they looking for some genius?
    no it'll be a cheap bob
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

CME Group .NET Dev interview

Registered here just now to comment on this thread. Got a test from them recently. Not sure what is the level of expertise or the kind of solution expected. Could Gemasp or anyone else who has done this test please provide inputs.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by CSharpDeveloper View Post
        Registered here just now to comment on this thread. Got a test from them recently. Not sure what is the level of expertise or the kind of solution expected. Could Gemasp or anyone else who has done this test please provide inputs.

Thank you.
        You registered, specifically to resurrect a year old thread?

Welcome
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Ha ha DirtyDog, Thank you...

A quick search on google landed me here and thought of trying my luck here... Its hard to believe that so many solutions have been rejected.. so wanted a quick overview on what they are looking for..

Any advise welcome..

Thank you..

Comment

This is why I CBA doing tests or coding exercises before an interview. Often it's a waste of time and they go into a black hole. I'm not too preciouls about doing them after an initial interview but they have to have something in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by gemasp View Post
              I have done Vending Machine test
              What's that?
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Is that CME as in OTC Rates Clearing?

A "colleague" has just gone there as European Head of Risk.
                Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanye View Post
                  This is why I CBA doing tests or coding exercises before an interview. Often it's a waste of time and they go into a black hole. I'm not too preciouls about doing them after an initial interview but they have to have something in the game.
                  I suppose it depends how desperate you are to get a role, I don't think I would refuse to do them if asked but I can understand peoples trepidation on doing them. Having been on both sides of the recruitment table I can fully understand though why places want candidates to show their hand with regards to a coding exercise - too easy these to have a good sounding CV and linkedin profile only to fail at the basics.

Comment

Originally posted by Murder1 View Post
                    I suppose it depends how desperate you are to get a role, I don't think I would refuse to do them if asked but I can understand peoples trepidation on doing them. Having been on both sides of the recruitment table I can fully understand though why places want candidates to show their hand with regards to a coding exercise - too easy these to have a good sounding CV and linkedin profile only to fail at the basics.
                    The advantage of taking a contractor is that if they can't do the work, you terminate the contract and find someone who can.

I'm surprised more companies don't do this - the number of places I've seen where they keep crap contractors to the end of their three month initial contract is too high for my liking. If I can't do the job, get rid of me - that's what I expect.
                    I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Working...
                    X