• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Personal services company? need help...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal services company? need help...

Sorry, if this has been posted earlier.. i couldn't find it on the forum.

I have received a contract from the agency and i am not sure what all option should i select from the below:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The company believes it is an agency worker and within the scope of AWR (Agency Workers Regulations) - Yes/No ?

If the company believe it is Outside of Scope of AWR (please tick all boxes that are relevant to confirmation):

Box 1- The company is operating in business on their own account through their own Personal Services Company
    Box 2 - The company is operating outside of IR35
    Box 3 - The company has a business to business relationship with <agency> and/or the hirer
    Box 4- The company is operating in business through and independent company providing professional business services

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone please advise what all boxes i should tick and why? Many thanks in advance for your help.

Are you sure you're cut out to be a contractor?
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
      Are you sure you're cut out to be a contractor?
      Yes

Comment

See the panel on the right =================> CUK Navigation

Click on First Timers and it explains what AWR is and there is other useful information there that will help you
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
          See the panel on the right =================> CUK Navigation

Click on First Timers and it explains what AWR is and there is other useful information there that will help you
          Thanks.

Does limited company and personal services company mean the same thing? Or are they different?

Comment

Originally posted by gaumzi View Post
            Can someone please advise what all boxes i should tick and why? Many thanks in advance for your help.
            Welcome to the ContractorUK bootcamp. You may get the feeling that you are not in Kansas anymore. You have started your journey but you have a long way to go before you can consider yourself a contractor.

As The Spartan says, start by reading the Navigation links on the right side of the page and also read the List of Noobie Contractor Mistakes so you can try and avoid getting a kicking from the grumpy people here.

I will probably get in trouble for allowing you to cheat and telling you the answer but with a LTD company outside IR35 then you should probably answer No, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes.

If you are working with an umbrella then just answer Yes to the first question.

If you don't know what IR35 then don't ask us because you will definitely get a kicking for that. Go back and read the links again.
            Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Does limited company and personal services company mean the same thing? Or are they different?
              For the hard of googling: What is a personal service company
              Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

So how should you answer the question if less than 60% (and decreasing rapidly) of your company's income comes from contracting.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Box 1- The company is operating in business on their own account through their own Personal Services Company....
                  I recommend looking for an agency that can write in English. Perhaps they mean:

The company is operating in business on their its own account through as a their own Personal Services Company.

Or is it not just that their education is lacking, but that their woolly writing is a precise expression of woolly thinking? I suspect the latter.
                  Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

I don't recognise the term 'Personal Services Company' - it has no legal definition and for some agency to bandy it around is just laughable.

I run a Ltd company and I'm outside of IR35 so I would go for No, Yes, Yes, Yes.
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X