• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"We must opt you out of the Conduct of Employment Agencies Regs 2003...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    And another. 2 day ban.
    Four days!! Can't do three cos it's already been mooted!

Or one or five? I've never been banned cos I'm a good boy. I'm also pissed on Belgian beer and still being largely sensible so it can be done.

Hic.....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      I agree really, sort of - I started contracting in 1992, had a three year permie role WHF 2001-4 cos of massive personal issues, and one year 2010 because it just happened and I was tempted.

Four four years out of twenty means I am only a contractor for two years? Not sure about that but it doesn't matter, part of it for me is taking the permie bait when it suits and dumping it just the same when it doesn't.

The mindset for me, is still there....
      So, if a contractor isnt in a continuous contract for, say, 13 years ie there have been periods of unemployment, one cant say one has been a contractor for 13 years!?
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
        So, if a contractor isnt in a continuous contract for, say, 13 years ie there have been periods of unemployment, one cant say one has been a contractor for 13 years!?
        I did say that at the beginning then disagreed with myself so I am on your side unless I disagree with myself again at a later date.

Ponyatno?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          I did say that at the beginning then disagreed with myself so I am on your side unless I disagree with myself again at a later date.

Ponyatno?
          ..and yet another 2 day ban!

Oh, crap, wrong account... Give me a sec...
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
            Apparently every single contractor they've ever dealt with has opted out yes, that has always been my experience too: they have never heard of a contractor not opting out.
            Yep, followed by a vaguely threatening grumble from them about referring this to their legal department. Yeah, whatever. Do the needful.

I routinely get the same bulltulip on payment terms that have to be "referred to the finance director" for approval because absolutely EVERYONE else is happy with monthly invoicing and 6 week payment terms.
            Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
              Yep, followed by a vaguely threatening grumble from them about referring this to their legal department. Yeah, whatever. Do the needful.

I routinely get the same bulltulip on payment terms that have to be "referred to the finance director" for approval because absolutely EVERYONE else is happy with monthly invoicing and 6 week payment terms.
              Yes, we had that tennis match today too. The contract originally asked for 30 days, I said 7, we agreed on 14.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
                My answer: "Yes, that's right. I still get paid, even if the Client doesn't sign a timesheet. I can assure you that I will fill in my timesheets in a timely fashion, as I've agreed to in my contract. If, however, you're still concerned that the Client may delay in signing off on them, I'd advise you to include a clause in the Upper Contract you have with them that clearly states you will still be entitled to invoice in the case of a timesheet not being signed for work that is nonetheless agreed to have been carried out as per the agency regs blah blah. In a contract where there is a stipulation that I must invoice and provide a timesheet every 7 days, hopefully you'll see that there's not much if any risk inherent in this approach, and that it'll be very easy to spot any problems with the Client withholding timesheet approval at an early stage and to address that appropriately."
                More succinctly, one could have just said... "I won't be opting out."

Followed by... "Can we hurry up with signing the contract please because I have another gig lined up and I don't want to mess the client around."

Trying to educate the agent is futile as any experienced contractor will tell you.

Fwiw, I've spoken with a few times with G2 and each time come away with the feeling that they're a bunch of lying, bullying, feckwits. Not saying they are of course. I just ignore them now, effectively on my agent ban list - if I had one.

Good luck with the contract though!

Comment

Glad to see some action taken against posters who seem to have nothing better to do with their lives than come onto this forum to cause an argument/abuse others.
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                    FFS. Another over reaction from the Gentile fan club.
                    Let that be a warning to you. Don't mess with the Gentile fan club.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                      Let that be a warning to you. Don't mess with the Gentile fan club.
                      Why the bad vibes for Gentile? surely shes got a right to expect not to be abused on here. Some of the abuse on here is pathetic.
                      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X