• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"We must opt you out of the Conduct of Employment Agencies Regs 2003...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    I agree really, sort of - I started contracting in 1992, had a three year permie role WHF 2001-4 cos of massive personal issues, and one year 2010 because it just happened and I was tempted.

Four four years out of twenty means I am only a contractor for two years? Not sure about that but it doesn't matter, part of it for me is taking the permie bait when it suits and dumping it just the same when it doesn't.

The mindset for me, is still there....
    No, you're a contractor for 16 years
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      I've fixed it for you... I think...

Don't drift off topic just to make some stupid trolling comment.
      You again ? So, pointing out that someone is accusing an agency of lying, while blatantly lying themselves is a stupid trolling comment ?

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
        The Business Employment Agency Inspectorate will be in touch to determine why you're imparting advice that isn't legally accurate
        Who is this Business Employment Agency Inspectorate that you speak of?

Surely an experienced contractor such as yourself would not make the schoolboy error of not knowing the correct title of the Employment Agency Standards Inspectorate.

"I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
          You again ? So, pointing out that someone is accusing an agency of lying, while blatantly lying themselves is a stupid trolling comment ?
          And where did I do that? If I were uncouth enough to go around accusing people of "lying" (as opposed to trying it on or being mistaken about the meaning of various legislation), I wouldn't right now have a contract that pays well and involves carrying out interesting work for a great client. You should try it some time: it's amazing how often it's not what you say but how you say it that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile
            And where did I do that? If I were uncouth enough to go around accusing people of "lying" (as opposed to trying it on or being mistaken about the meaning of various legislation)
            Where I'm from if you say someone's bulltulipting you then they're lying to you. Mucking you about normally means they're trying it on. Just saying like.

"I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

Comment

A warning to you all.

I want to see a bit of respect between posters.

Please.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                A warning to you all.

I want to see a bit of respect between posters.

Please.
                Here's your coat.

3 day ban.

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                  Here's your coat.

3 day ban.

FFS. Another over reaction from the Genitile fan club.

Comment

Originally posted by a3254643 View Post
                    Just wanted to say thank you for your thread Gentile. I fall in to your target audience as someone just about to make the move from perm to contract.
                    You're welcome. I hope the move into the contracting world is successful for you.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                      FFS. Another over reaction from the Genitile fan club.
                      And another. 2 day ban.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X