Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Posts 11 to 14 of 14

Super poster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by skipjack View Post
    It just amazes me what lengths people go just to stay and work in the UK. If they are unhappy with their current employer, they should go back unless they are listed as "wanted" in their country...

Not particularly surprising to be honest if it is someone from a developing country. They all aspire to a better life and to escape corruption, crime, poverty, famine, water shortages, electricity shortages, strikes every other day, long commutes, pollution, low standard of living etc etc. A developed western country is a very easy way to escape from their current predicament. Also, in countries like India, Pakistan etc you suddently earn more respect once you have settled in a western country.

Contractor Among Contractors

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It's not "legal" but your chances of getting caught are very very slim. (unless someone shops you)

Respect my authoritah!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    So we can petition for this loophole or whatever it is to be closed you mean?
    Well, I doubt the OP will return, so we've lost that opportunity.
    You won. Get over it.

--drunk on abuse of power--

Fingers like lightning

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Not particularly surprising to be honest if it is someone from a developing country. They all aspire to a better life and to escape corruption, crime, poverty, famine, water shortages, electricity shortages, strikes every other day, long commutes, pollution, low standard of living etc etc. A developed western country is a very easy way to escape from their current predicament. Also, in countries like India, Pakistan etc you suddently earn more respect once you have settled in a western country.
    "They all aspire to a better life and to escape corruption, crime, poverty, famine, water shortages, electricity shortages, strikes every other day, long commutes, pollution, low standard of living etc etc."

Sounds a bit like life for the average UK contractor after the outsourcing/cheap worker import boom.

Seriously, the OP should consult an immigration lawyer or his own embassy/consulate. The queues at the Home Office in Croydon start at Folkestone! Expert advice is always worth seeking. People who have exceeded their visa restrictions are much easier to find if they are in work paid for by UK employers. Just think of all the records providing a trail!

Do it legally and everybody is happy. Keep away from the shysters...that usually ends in tears.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2