• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Public sector contracting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I admire all your efforts but it's too confusing for me to worry about. I'm just a simple contractor not someone practicing employment law.

I'll just continue to get a contract via an agency, have it reviewed for IR35 and any other HMRC initiatives that come along, pay the insurance (if the working practices look ropey enough to hang me), do the work, and move onto the next one.

You can worry about the rest if you want. I'd rather go for a lay down, which I can do as I'm WFH and have completed all my objectives for today.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

But you are a CONTRACTor. Not unreasonable for you to understand a little about them and their differences. Not knowing and just following process is a box ticker. Not a contractor
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

For sure, knowing what type of contract they're trying to get me to sign is paramount.

I'll certainly be more wary of future contract wording to make sure they're not trying to fob me off with one for temps, FTC, or ZH. So I may be back for help then.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Private PM

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          But you are a CONTRACTor. Not unreasonable for you to understand a little about them and their differences. Not knowing and just following process is a box ticker. Not a contractor
          Hi @northerladuk, I am new here and would like to ask you some questions re contracting. Would it be possible to send you a private DM please?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ThebigMan View Post
            Hi @northerladuk, I am new here and would like to ask you some questions re contracting. Would it be possible to send you a private DM please?

Thanks
            Yes sure you can. Although can you mail it to my sockie account rather than this one as my mailbox is full. Thanks..

Also first job is to have a look at the IPSE site and if you think it's useful then purchase it through the link in my sig. It's the IPSE+ account we all have.

Comment

Thanks @northernladuk
              I tried to msg tjeough the link you provided below but got a pop up screen that says I either do not have required privilege to send message or my account is disabled by admin? Confused.com
              Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Yes sure you can. Although can you mail it to my sockie account rather than this one as my mailbox is full. Thanks..

Also first job is to have a look at the IPSE site and if you think it's useful then purchase it through the link in my sig. It's the IPSE+ account we all have.

Comment

Thanks @northernladuk
                I tried to msg tjeough the link you provided below but got a pop up screen that says I either do not have required privilege to send message or my account is disabled by admin? Confused.com
                Thanks for your help.
                He was taking the piss. If you want to ask a question, post a new thread on the forum. If you want to ask him a question, send him a message.

I'm not going to answer your PM, but thanks for playing.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Thanks @northernladuk
                  Thanks for your help.
                  That's because newbies aren't allowed PM rights off the bat so they don't come on and start spamming everyone. You are going to up your post count by posting questions on here to get access to your PM's.

In the meantime though don't forget your IPSE+ Membership.

And to get your PI/PL insurance, contract checks and if you feel you need it TLC35 insurance from QDOS

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    He was taking the piss. If you want to ask a question, post a new thread on the forum. If you want to ask him a question, send him a message.

There will be no Best Forum Advisor of 2016/17 at that rate

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

Hi @ TheFaQqer - I wasn't taking a piss or playing - that wasnt the intention at all. PS: I will look through this site to see the best forum to post comments. Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X