• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Public sector contracting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    I don't see that caving in to pay tax you are not due while having no employment rights is acceptable
    You ARE due to pay the tax, just because once upon a time you didn't have to doesn't mean it's still the case.

You don't get to decide what tax is due or fair, unless you want to end up in court.

Any argument "poor me only bringing in £100k a year, it's outrageous I should pay as much tax as those lucky permies on £40k" is just your greed blinding you.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

UK Government clamps down on contractors, threatens tax consequences

Nothing really new but interesting to see that that people on the other end of the contract are looking to see how this pans out.
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Been contracting for an NHS informatics dept since end of June but going to another contract next week with a bit of luck (not PS).

Daily rate is more than £220, but duration will be under 6 months, am I still liable?

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

This makes for good reading - take a look at the Policy note contained within it.

http://spendmatters.co.uk/uk-governm...consequcences/
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

Nothing really new but interesting to see that that people on the other end of the contract are looking to see how this pans out.
            Originally posted by cojak View Post
            This makes for good reading - take a look at the Policy note contained within it.

Thanks for sharing
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

<Note to self: KUATB >
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                [url=http://spendmatters.co.uk/uk-government-clamps-down-contractors-threatens-major-tax-consequcences/]UK Government clamps down on contractors, threatens tax .
                Really, anyone who writes 'And it looks like it is the worker who is liable for employer NI as well as their own in that case' shouldn't be commenting on IR35 matters.

Comment

I just took a walk from my last contract with a gov dept. Seems i took the right decision, just heard from a mate still working there they are asking him to provide evidence of his deemed payments or he will be referred to HMRC for business entity tests. That might might a few people clench. I wasnt expecting it to be as bad as this, I thought theyd accept a QDOS review or similar. But no, they expect you to be inside IR35 or prove otherwise. Do you think a typical HR bob will accept a QDOS review rather than complying with the procedures their paymaster has set.

Nevermind, the exodus has begun. Everyone is walking. Give it a month and ill offer to go back at double my original rate, and make my deemed payments out of that.
                  Signed sealed and delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by IR35FanClub View Post
                    I just took a walk from my last contract with a gov dept. Seems i took the right decision, just heard from a mate still working there they are asking him to provide evidence of his deemed payments or he will be referred to HMRC for business entity tests. That might might a few people clench. I wasnt expecting it to be as bad as this, I thought theyd accept a QDOS review or similar. But no, they expect you to be inside IR35 or prove otherwise. Do you think a typical HR bob will accept a QDOS review rather than complying with the procedures their paymaster has set.

Nevermind, the exodus has begun. Everyone is walking. Give it a month and ill offer to go back at double my original rate, and make my deemed payments out of that.
                    Would you mind sharing which department (or by PM). Am contracting in an arms length body and no sign of this percolating through yet.
                    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

I just started at a local authority, over 220/day, gig for 3 months but likely to go on for a while... Accountant has reviewed contract and offered to supply any documents should they be asked for.

Also investing heavily in plan B all through same LTD....
                      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                      X