• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reject role due to ClientCo's unethical products

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reject role due to ClientCo's unethical products

Was speaking to an agent the other day. The role looked good but rejected for two reasons. Firstly it was a permie role but also rejected it as it was for one of those pay day loan companies that I can't stand ... online loan sharks

Has anyone else rejected a contract because of the company's product before out of interest?

Nope. Nuclear Power companies, Stockmarkets, Banks, Telco's, Companies that sell bookcases called Billy, Birmingham Chcolate factories, even Universities (shudder), I've worked for them all.

I would draw the line at non-alcoholic breweries though
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      Nope. Nuclear Power companies, Stockmarkets, Banks, Telco's, Companies that sell bookcases called Billy, Birmingham Chcolate factories, even Universities (shudder), I've worked for them all.

I would draw the line at non-alcoholic breweries though
      i agree, unless its a boiler room operation or a Nigerian money scam i coudn't give a monkey's

Comment

I couldn't work for MUFC....

Comment

Originally posted by redgiant View Post
          Was speaking to an agent the other day. The role looked good but rejected for two reasons. Firstly it was a permie role but also rejected it as it was for one of those pay day loan companies that I can't stand ... online loan sharks

Has anyone else rejected a contract because of the company's product before out of interest?
          No, but I wished I had. WONGA ?
          If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Are you sure you're cut out for contracting?

#getin #toomuchtimeontwitter
            World's Best Martini

Comment

When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

My last contract was with borderline murderers, but they were lovely people.

Comment

One thing to note is that these types of companies would be unable to operate as they do unless they had competent engineers willing to work for them.

So, who bears responsibility?
                  Der going over der to get der der's.

Comment

I couldnt work for the Labour party. Actually I could and I would do my damndest to sabotage whatever it was I had access to. Which probably explains a lot about the countries IT systems.
                    Last edited by escapeUK; 10 March 2012, 10:21.

Comment

Working...
                    X