• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agencies to avoid....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Why is 60 days unworkable?
    Take your daily charge out rate, multiply it by 40 and see how much credit your business will be extending to them. What if the agency goes bust? That's a lot of money you have lost. I tell them that my business will not extend more than 30 days credit. If they want to pay on 30 day terms then I'm invoicing weekly too, not monthly.
    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Hey, we're allowed to bad-mouth companies now? Cool
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Why is 60 days unworkable?
        Honestly speaking, 60 days credit is a bit too much. Only big companies with a reputable name like M&S, Tesco and likes can demand more than 45 days of credit. I know of a small manufacturer who wanted to sell through Tesco and they asked for 120 days credit. Eventually he managed to negotiate to 90 days, but the only reason these company get away with this kind of credits is because banks honor their PO as good as cash, and some companies also lend you money if you need on these POs. Try using the invoice to any agency, even the biggest one and run past your bank manager and you would know why he is worried.
        I would only give credit worth 10k to any agency, as that is the amount covered by my insurance in case of agency going bust. Call me risk averse, but I am not yet on a stage in my life/career where, I can gamble these amounts. I would rather accept a slightly lower rate, than provide huge amount of credits to agencies.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Progressive
          Yeah....just had a less than professional interaction with them......

Comment

Liked...

Lorien
            Timothy James
            Square One
            Spring / Hyphen(?)

All weekly paid...

Not so much...

Elan
            plus any S3

For too many reasons...

Tone

Comment

For me over the last 25 years the best have been...
              • Modis
              • Spring IT

Both have been excellent.

Anyone any views on Quantica? Only one mention in a search and that was pretty neutral.

Yesterday had a role from JS from both Quantica and Infoplus.. interesting to note that the contact name from Infoplus was......you guessed it.....Bob. I lol'd
              Last edited by tractor; 22 March 2012, 11:19.

Comment

Yesterday had a role from JS from both Quantica and Infoplus.. interesting to note that the contact name from Infoplus was......you guessed it.....Bob. I lol'd
                The name is only a first clue, for instance this guy advertise for jobs in Asset Management Zurich ...
                Victor Philip | LinkedIn
                If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Originally posted by mos View Post
                  The name is only a first clue, for instance this guy advertise for jobs in Asset Management Zurich ...
                  Victor Philip | LinkedIn
                  I spotted a gig advertised by infoplus and the wording was a tad suspect given the grammar and phrasing were incorrect. Doing a little search on linkedIn proved it was bob-a-job.

If I see a gig advertised by the likes of computer futures, spring or progressive I tend to avoid them, I dont know how many times I've contacted them about a job after applying on jobserve only to find the person "isn't available", "on the phone" or "in a meeting", or if they do call you back it's to try and get names out of you.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                    That's illegal, and they now owe HMG £5000. Report them to the BIS AR Compliance unit.
                    Fat lot of good that does.

Still they may get back to me within the 15 day SLA....
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
                      My recommendation to avoid is Hayes. They are the worst agency I have ever come across. The worst thing is, how many hoops they try to make contractors jump through. They might as well employ dolphins.
                      Agreed their joining procedure is stupid and unnecessarily complex but once you are in and the invoice machine is running their payment process works quite well
                      Currently being paid weekly and if there is a problem,then a delightful lady (with an unfortunate surname!)will take charge and get it resolved.

Worst in my book were Alexander Mann
                      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                      X