• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting newbie - opted in, failed bank security check and terminated

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So nobody on this thread has ever LIED on their CV or to get a job?

( even white lies are lies )

Comment

Originally posted by StewieG View Post

Seriously??? You are so lucky this is on the prefessional forums cos you deserve a real flaming!!!

Comment

There are degrees (cough) of lying. Flowering up and adding a bit of swagger is one thing.. Making up a degree is another.

Can't believe you are trying to justify it TBH.....
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JamJarST View Post
          Seriously??? You are so lucky this is on the prefessional forums cos you deserve a real flaming!!!
          No need to flame folks, I learned my lesson by being out of work since that last job. Removed the lie from my CV stat, and its all true on there.

Next employer can check everything with a fine tooth comb, and its all true and correct.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            There are degrees (cough) of lying. Flowering up and adding a bit of swagger is one thing.. Making up a degree is another.

Can't believe you are trying to justify it TBH.....
            Honestly not trying to justify it. I made a mistake, and shouldnt have put the degree on the CV in first place. The flip side is, had I not put the degree, I wouldnt have worked in Europe for 3 years gaining valuable experience.

Comment

The easy answer is to take your education off the CV all together and fill it with experience...

Three page CV.
              first page = an executive summary of what you do, and a list skills and technologies. (remember to add the soft skills as well)
              second page = split in half for your last two roles in detail.
              third page = the rest of your career to a sensible cut off point.

Anyone daft enough to ask about education gets a managed answer of You don't look more than three roles back for experience so why on earth are you asking about stuff that was decades ago? my CV stops at 2000 with another 10 years or so available on request...

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                The easy answer is to take your education off the CV all together and fill it with experience...

Three page CV.
                first page = an executive summary of what you do, and a list skills and technologies. (remember to add the soft skills as well)
                second page = split in half for your last two roles in detail.
                third page = the rest of your career to a sensible cut off point.

Anyone daft enough to ask about education gets a managed answer of You don't look more than three roles back for experience so why on earth are you asking about stuff that was decades ago? my CV stops at 2000 with another 10 years or so available on request...
                Thank you Bobspud for your advice, most kind of you. very appreciated.

Comment

Honestly not trying to justify it. I made a mistake, and shouldnt have put the degree on the CV in first place. The flip side is, had I not put the degree, I wouldnt have worked in Europe for 3 years gaining valuable experience.
                  So you got the jobs under false pretenses and cheated someone else out of them .... yep you are my hero!!!

Comment

Would never lie, and certainly wouldn't add a degree I don't have. I don't have a degree, but like bobspud recommends, I don't put my education on my CV at all because a) it's not relevant and b) I didn't really achieve good results.

Professional qualifications I do put on my CV.

Seriously, there's no hint of a white lie on my CV. Some extra chutzpah in places, sure, but no lies.

Comment

No need to flame folks, I learned my lesson by being out of work since that last job. Removed the lie from my CV stat, and its all true on there.

Next employer can check everything with a fine tooth comb, and its all true and correct.
                      I wonder if you would be happy for your next employer to find out about your lie?

Comment

Working...
                      X