• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting newbie - opted in, failed bank security check and terminated

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StewieG View Post
    ITs not about coming clean here. I told a porkie on my CV but came clean on the screening form. I didnt sign my CV, the screening form was signed, so based on something they checked on my CV, not from the screening form i was terminated.

The detail is I put I had a degree when I dont. Degree was on CV ( now removed) but on signed screening form, I didnt put the degree as I realised after submitting my CV, they would check.
    Why did you put it on your CV or is that a stupid question!?!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I disagree. His manager wants him there. Its just the HR droids who have way too much power. Big companies have way too much commercial advantage these days - its the only way they can get by while being so inefficient.
      Yup, manager was annoyed about me being canned, but HR wouldnt allow him to do anything, so he was powerless.

Even though IT was around 6 months ago this happened, theres ot a day that goes by I dont regret that degree on my CV. ITs gone now, and work has been slow : (

Comment

I'm sure you're about to be flamed. but best to just chalk this one up to experience, be honest in future and get a new contract.
        If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

Originally posted by JamJarST View Post
          Why did you put it on your CV or is that a stupid question!?!
          It wasnt put just for that job, my last 2 perm roles never checked, so I got away with it. I didnt think to remove it before submission, as I knew the manager, and he wanted me there, he pushed for me to be there, hence me starting before all formal checks were complete. They contacted the uni obv and i was rumbled.

Comment

It wasnt put just for that job, my last 2 perm roles never checked, so I got away with it. I didnt think to remove it before submission, as I knew the manager, and he wanted me there, he pushed for me to be there, hence me starting before all formal checks were complete. They contacted the uni obv and i was rumbled.
            So you lied to your last two permanent employers to get a job? Karma's a B*****!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JamJarST View Post
              So you lied to your last two permanent employers to get a job? Karma's a B*****!!!
              Still got them and the valuable exp, so dont regret that, do regret not taking degree of CV before submitting it though. LEsson learned. Hope youve told the truth on your CV : p

Comment

Still got them and the valuable exp, so dont regret that, do regret not taking degree of CV before submitting it though. LEsson learned. Hope youve told the truth on your CV : p
                I would never lie on my CV, I am a professional!

Comment

Got what you deserved then. Shame you didn't get caught out earlier. What makes you think claiming degrees you don't have on your CV is a clever thing to do? Yahoo sacked their CEO Scott Thompson because he did the same so shows it is wholly unacceptable at whatever level you work at.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You lied about the highest qualification on your CV....and you want a place to stand??

I'll tell you.....

.....In the corner, with a conical hat on your head, with a D on the front.
                    "Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
                    SlimRick

Can't argue with that

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Got what you deserved then. Shame you didn't get caught out earlier. What makes you think claiming degrees you don't have on your CV is a clever thing to do? Yahoo sacked their CEO Scott Thompson because he did the same so shows it is wholly unacceptable at whatever level you work at.
                      Yes read about that. I know how Scott feels too.

Comment

Working...
                      X