• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rate Cuts - Banking - London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rate Cuts - Banking - London

Any other banks out there cutting contractor rates in time for Christmas?

And if so by what %?

Nothing says 'Merry Christmas' like 'Take it or leave it'

Originally posted by TracyTrace View Post

And if so by what %?

Yes. 10-15%. Oh well, hopefully you hada decent rate so 10% off is still better than nowt.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

If I remember correctly, I've seen a couple of posts here over the last week or so saying Barclays cut rates by 10% and BNP Paribas 15%

Which bank are you at?
      It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Round 1 Cuts so far

And if so by what %?

BARCAP - 10% rate reduction across the board from the 5th of December
        15% rate cut at BNP Paribas.
        RBS GBM 10% Cut
        RBS GTS 10% Cut a month later than GBM
        Citibank 10% Cut
        UBS 10% Cut
        Lloydes 10% cut

anyone who I have missed???

We now will have the 2/3 week imposed breaks at xmas + round 2 in Feb

Comment

Worse Than I Thought

I had no idea the rate cuts were so wide spread.

Well you can add HSBC to the list at 10% with 30 days notice as of last week.

Not like there's anywhere else to go to at this time of the year so I guess I'll be saying 'Yes Sir. Thank you Sir. Three bags full Sir' until the market improves.

Comment

opps

I had no idea the rate cuts were so wide spread.

Well you can add HSBC to the list at 10% with 30 days notice as of last week.

Not like there's anywhere else to go to at this time of the year so I guess I'll be saying 'Yes Sir. Thank you Sir. Three bags full Sir' until the market improves.
            almost forgot i think it's Lloydes doing an additional 10% reduction on next renewal

ooop and forgot to say

All the rate cards have been slashed by 25% + so can no longer hire at old rates either, a 400/Day BA is now a 280max
            Last edited by tarbera; 17 November 2011, 13:12. Reason: rate card addition

Comment

What about those like me joining one of these banks next week or later?

Comment

Originally posted by bluedrop View Post
                I would expect the rate cut has been factored in to your role by now but surely the best thing to do would be speak to your agent?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Take the percentage figure next to the name of your bank and divide it by 100 then subtract that number from 1. Now multiply the result by your current rate.

HTH

Comment

They will welcome you in, sit you down and advise of the 10% rate reduction

Comment

Working...
                    X