• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC clearance: non-recordable offence

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC clearance: non-recordable offence

Hi,
    If anyone can provide guidance on the following then I would be grateful. I cannot see a similar post, though I apologise if there is in fact one which I have overlooked.

I am currently in need of SC clearance and I have been requested to apply through my employer. Unfortunately, I was convicted of a minor non-recordable offence at the beginning of the year. It was not a theft, fraud or dishonesty conviction so I am optimistic that it will not count against me. However, since it was quite recent, I am curious as to how this will affect my application. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Well you didn't miss a question, you missed an entire 9 page stickied thread covering every question of SC clearance we have seen on here for awhile..

Also you have elected not to tellus what the conviction is our advice comes a bit of a guestimate but as long as it isn't what you say and you are honest on the form then it won't be a problem. You are still not bribeable or in a situation to steal for cash etc so doesn't make you a threat to national security.

If I had to put money on it you will get through.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 4 November 2011, 21:05.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X