• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Credit Check - defaults but no CCJs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's really useful, thanks - and thanks to all! I'll report back...

Originally posted by pastalista View Post
    I have friends that are cleared to DV level and know a couple of people who work in the clearance section. Even bankruptcies tend not to be a problem (provided that you aren't currently bankrupt - that is you haven't been discharged) so long as they are a) in the past and b) you declare all of them. This is in the public sector, not the banking industry where the rules are different.

As others have said, this is about honesty and susceptibility to blackmail. If your current credit is a mess (as in you are missing payments every month at the moment) then whether or not you declare it, you will almost certainly fail the checks as it displays and inability to manage your personal finances which they equate to other things.

If you have a good reason for the position you ended up in, you dealt (or are dealing) with it and you haven't repeated the exercise, so long as you declare them all you should be fine.

Good luck

Pastalista

Comment

Originally posted by StarBuck View Post
      Hi folks

I've read various threads (including the sticky) on Security Checks, but would really like some advice on credit checks.

I have been offered a position within aerospace/defence and will be credit checked as part of the screening process.

I have had financial issues in the past, but took proactive action and am now on a payment plan with several creditors. Because of this I have a number of defualts recorded, however, crucially no bankruptcy or CCJ's. I am told that the credit check is used for 1) an identity check, and 2) to check there are no bankruptcies or CCJ's recorded.

I guess I'm trying to understand how high the "bar" is to pass the credit check. Has anyone in a similar position been through the process and passed/failed?
      Can you tell me how you have got on please? It sounds like I'm in a simmilar boat.

Comment

Working...
      X