+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Posts 11 to 16 of 16

Still gathering requirements...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I second Udemy, course content is great, and the majority of instructors update their course content. All available via a good app on iOS & Android, content can be downloaded also, perfect when on the train. Also found that Pluralsight content is pretty good, and the cost of the site over a year isn't too bad either.

Nervous Newbie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just completed the CISSP course with itonlinelearning and to be honest I don't think it was worth the money they charge

the videos are about 45hrs in total and the same content is covered for free by cybrary in about 10hrs, shows how much waffle there is in the videos

after each module there's practice tests which are supposed to help identify if you've missed any info, these tests consist of 3 questions, hardly a comprehensive check of your grasp of the module.
    only after you have completed all the modules do you get access to the final practice test. In this instance it's 59 questions which, for a 6 hour exam, doesn't give you the confidence to sit the exam.

There are far better options out there, certainly for CISSP, and I wouldn't look to use this company again

Nervous Newbie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default ITOnlineLearning

I tried to start my course with them in April and have had nothing but problems. First of all it wasn't set up properly so I had started doing the totally wrong thing, that took them 2 weeks to sort out which included me having to give my username & password so they could log into my account, something I was uncomfortable doing. Now that the course has been set up properly I've been trying to follow instructions for installing programs needed to learn along with the videos, can't get anything to work, support tickets which say have a turnaround time of 24 hours are taking over a week to get any info on.

I would never recommend anyone use this company.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

this thread was started nearly 7 years ago. We should have "share your horrible CUK memories" feature like Facebook

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

At the time where there is tons of material available on Youtube, cheap courses on Udemy, free on Microsoft Virtual Academy and slightly expensive Pluralsight. Why would you even waste your time and money on these guys?

Nervous Newbie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by spongeym View Post
    I second Udemy, course content is great, and the majority of instructors update their course content. All available via a good app on iOS & Android, content can be downloaded also, perfect when on the train. Also found that Pluralsight content is pretty good, and the cost of the site over a year isn't too bad either.
    I agree! I've just checked Udemy and they have pretty much all courses on offer for 10 each. I'm about to pick up CompTIA A+, Network+ and Linux+ courses for (I think) 40 in total.

I spoke to the staff (via their online chat) and asked them if the exams are included. They said the exams are included but then on the FAQ page apparently they aren't. Perhaps he was referring to their 'in-house' certifications which, to be frank, counts for diddly squat.

My heart initially said "wow what great value for money!", then my head said "If it looks too good to be true it probably is". I imagine that their business model is to get you through whatever hodge-podge scheme they have, in order to lock you into a 12/24-month contract with their 'partner', from which they no doubt get a referral fee from the IT company.

Maybe I'm wrong but either way I appreciate everyone else's input on here. I think I'll go with Udemy and maybe a Mike Meyers book off Amazon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2