• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Michael Page

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
    Most of the time this is bollox, never had to attend the office, rarely met any of the agents. These are almost allways thinly disguised fishing attempts.
    WHS.
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

They are doing their job, i.e. vetting candidates to make sure they are allowed to work here...

WHS.

They're legally required to verify your right to work in the UK, and they do that using your passport. They want to meet you to make sure that you're the right person for their client. I've worked for Michael Page before and this is their standard procedure for a new candidate. If you think about it, it makes sense - they want to portray themselves in the best possible light to their client, and therefore put forward only the best candidates. Verifying the candidate for themselves before sending him to a ClientCo interview allows them to be certain that they're not putting forward a drooling primate.

Personally I find it's a vastly more professional approach than that taken by most of the dodgy operators out there, and it's one of the reasons why I still have the occasional beer with my Michael Page recruiter even though I haven't contracted through them for almost two years.
      You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Hmmm, I wonder if I put a request to a agent that all candidates must have a banana in their top-pocket (ala Milliband) and have their left trouser leg rolled up to comply with our grand lodge requirements whether they would send me any candidates.

Comment

Nothing to fret about, bit like internet dating.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
          X