• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Easiest way of charging small amounts online

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easiest way of charging small amounts online

I'm currently finishing off a sideline project for which I want to charge users 10p (or 15c) a time for usage. Any idea what is the current best ways for charging consumers £1-5 on an occassional basis (ignoring paypal and nochex which I already know about).

There is no simple way to do this most of the big players wil not touch anything under £3-£5. If you can restrict the use to debit cards the cost per transaction is about 30p (+annual /set-up fees). If you can gaurentee volume reverse billing using SMS is viable but entry costs are high £5-10K and you need serious volume 250K trans per month.

Comment

What about using a premium rate or 0870 line?

Callers phone the line and enter a code using the keypad to pay for goods or services.

The only downside I can see is you need a £25K deposit to setup a premium rate phone line.

Comment

Working...
      X