• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

contractors' consortium registration opened....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: re: contractors' consortium registration opened....

yes, sorry about that, its, the forum is cunningly disguised under the 'forum' link to stop unauthorised access.... ...
    EDIT:as a serious addendum, i'm thinking about whether anybody wants to restrict access to the site/forum in any way, shape or fashion?

Comment

SP,

I did think that access to the forum should - initially at least - be for those who have registered in the consortium.

Seems fair ???

Comment

ok, but remember that anybody could register and then gain access. how would you prevent that?

Comment

Yeah I thought about that... the train of though goes...

So we restrict access by people having to register...
          ...but anyone can register...
          ...so we have some way of verifying the user...
          ...how the hell do we do that?...
          ...erm dunno... but who are we trying to restrict anyway?...
          ...(goes on for a while... takes medication...)...

Basically I think doing that would just be one more hurdle for anyone just wanting to make a mockery of a worthwhile idea to go through... no matter what is put in place I don't think it's going to be possible to vet every registration...

...although I think once the thing starts to move forward that will certainly be neccesary...

Comment

Draft marketing data now on the forum... please review.

Comment

Strange when we are selling our companies expertise there is no area to add the company name!

I registered all the same though it seems like a very good Idea.

Comment

i'm going along

the lines of, the 'consortium' will be another company. we will bid for work under a new, yet-to-be-formed company?

Comment

Working...
                X