• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractors taking outsourced projects.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractors taking outsourced projects.

Hi.

I am wondering are there any contractors who look out for outsourced work project wise or project module wise.

I have a friend in India software development company looking for outsourced project work from UK.

Thanks in Advance.
    Khsher.

Well, tell him the IT industry in the UK is suffering due to, amongst other things, Indian IT workers coming over to the UK and taking our jobs and from companies in the UK outsourcing work to Indian companies.

Also, tell him to stay put in India!

Comment

You know, I wish some people would read the boards before asking questions.

Asking a Q like that would probably deserve a good kicking, especially in our economic climate. How would they like it if we went over there and took all their work?

Do India have an FTV system? I hear you can buy all the software, books and whatever over there dead cheap, and the daily commute on the train is cheap (compared to £400 for a 1 month ticket from Swindon to London) and the trains have air conditioning (but watch out for tunnels...)

Comment

I think this was posted to wind us up... Just ignore it.

ajh

Comment

Hi all...

Well, the thread was not meant to distrub you all.. If this was what reflected from message sorry about that.

Plus. Your comments are being conveyed to him.

Thank You.
          khsher

Comment

What are FTV's

I new to this forum, well a couple of months.

What does FTV mean. Thanks Lads

Comment

Re: What are FTV's

Fast Track Visa

A mechanism (in theory) to allow people from outside the EU with skills in which the UK has a shortage to get a work permit and visa in double quick time.

In reallity a way for offshore firms to flood the uk with low paid workers

Comment

Re: What are FTV's

In essence and in fact, FTV workers are being deliberately, cynically and illegally used to replace contractors in this country.

Comment

FTV Bad, IR35 Good?

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote>Quote:<hr> In essence and in fact, FTV workers are being deliberately, cynically and illegally used to replace contractors in this country.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END-->
                  Whoever wrote this on the PCG Fora, <!--EZCODE BOLD START--> Fat Bloak<!--EZCODE BOLD END--><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--> [sic]?<!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> "The reality is that the government introduced [IR35] in an attempt to stop people using Ltd Cos as a tax avoidance measure."

Comment

Is anyone interested in setting up a pre-sales and implement service? There must be a lot of ssecond-tier software providers who lose business because they acnnot be everywhere at once. Even more who do not want to hire permanent people that are not fully used but want continuity. The main problem is identifying the market, but maybe a group of contractors would allow advertising or mailshots without going broke.

Comment

Working...
                    X