• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractors taking outsourced projects.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Also, tell him to stay put in India!"

'cos the work will come to him!!!!

Comment

With regard to the presales service - would it really be possible to do credible pre-sales without a very intimate knowledge of the product? Wouldn't learning about the product take out a lot of time?

I'm not saying it couldn't be done, I could conceivably find such a service useful, but I don't know how it could work.

Comment

All the pre-sales stuff I've done involved building demo systems (financial software sales) using customer models.

Learning the application can generally be done on an admin course - BUT with pre-sales I was party to really sensitive information and corporate contacts, so they really like you to be permie (as I was ten years ago doing this stuff).

That was a six month sales cycle +£500k deals in general.

Comment

if you ain't got the goods go perm (flame bait)

Who cares if someone is on a FTV, if you can't compete go perm (if you can).

I have lost count of the 'contractors' who can't do the work they have taken the contract for.

If someone is on a FTV they come under different rules and basically it's because the company can't find a uk perm to fill the post.

You may notice we claim that ir35 is unfair because of the "risk" we have but we are taking jobs just because companies can't find a perm, not because they want a flexible work force (the main reason we started was after all, to fill short term holes) we have been lucky over the last few years that's all,

I for one will be glad when the bad contractors out there go perm, it will just reduce the 'fodder' level and mean the good name of contractors is restored.

if your competing against FTV's your going for the wrong contract.

(please note the term contract and not job)

BTW , Anyone in the EAA can startup a Ltd company easier than getting a FTV.

Comment

What's a spring roll ?

Clue : It may be present at this thread.

1st correct answer, gets one FTV.

Comment

Working...
            X