Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42
Posts 411 to 417 of 417

Nervous Newbie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

https://www.fcoservices.gov.uk/produ...urity-vetting/

Anyone else find this interesting to read?

Nervous Newbie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello everyone, I work for a vendor in IT security as a contractor with the potential to work with government agencies in the future. I was investigating whether I could be proactive and start a security clearance process ahead of winning business to prevent delays to the project.

From what I understand from the FAQ that isn't possible as I would need a sponsor right?

So to start the process to complete the Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check I would need the customer to sponsor me?

Thank you.

Nervous Newbie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Getting clearance with a criminal record?

Hi all,

After making a huge mistake when I was 19 which is now 11 years ago I spent 6 months in prison. Since then I have never been in trouble with the police again, and my conviction is "spent", I've completed university, got married had a kid and have a great credit score.

My issue is, I have just been offered a job at a new company and in the offer letter they have stated I will need to be security vetted either at the start of employment or when necessary (this is something that has never been previously mentioned).
    It's a great opportunity and good salary and with my new baby I am eager to pursue a career and provide for my family.

1. Will I be disregarded for clearance for being in prison for 6 months, I plan on being honest with the agency when they ask the relevant questions.

2. Will my employer be notified of my conviction if I pass or fail? (they have never asked if I have a conviction)

3. Should I just take the job hope for the best and be honest if and when I need SC?

Thanks for the advice.

I live on CUK

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No one knows. The reason is everything depends on what the conviction is for and whether it means you could easily be blackmailed.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Nervous Newbie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bobmarle View Post
    Hi all,

After making a huge mistake when I was 19 which is now 11 years ago I spent 6 months in prison. Since then I have never been in trouble with the police again, and my conviction is "spent", I've completed university, got married had a kid and have a great credit score.

My issue is, I have just been offered a job at a new company and in the offer letter they have stated I will need to be security vetted either at the start of employment or when necessary (this is something that has never been previously mentioned).
    It's a great opportunity and good salary and with my new baby I am eager to pursue a career and provide for my family.

1. Will I be disregarded for clearance for being in prison for 6 months, I plan on being honest with the agency when they ask the relevant questions.

2. Will my employer be notified of my conviction if I pass or fail? (they have never asked if I have a conviction)

3. Should I just take the job hope for the best and be honest if and when I need SC?

Thanks for the advice.
    Just be honest. I've been security cleared for 12 years and apart from the original one been through 2 renewals with a criminal conviction (no prison time etc though). As a previous poster mentioned, they care about your ability to be blackmailed about the conviction. If you're honest and you disclose it on the vetting forms then it takes away the issue of being blackmailed. However, it does matter somewhat if the conviction was for fraud etc. I'd still be honest though.

Nervous Newbie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tiduz View Post
    Hello everyone, I work for a vendor in IT security as a contractor with the potential to work with government agencies in the future. I was investigating whether I could be proactive and start a security clearance process ahead of winning business to prevent delays to the project.

From what I understand from the FAQ that isn't possible as I would need a sponsor right?

So to start the process to complete the Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check I would need the customer to sponsor me?

Thank you.
    List X client needs to sponsor SC. Cannot get it without being sponsored. Personally l wouldn't bother with BPSS prior to any role as most roles now will have a vetting team that will insist they do it anyway as soon as you start.

Nervous Newbie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Question SC Application Questions

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help me with a few queries I have on the application form:

1. Current employment - I presume you put your own limited company, and if so who do you list as a supervisor? Or should this be the end client/agency instead?

2. Under the parents nationality section, I have entered British and it asks if that was the nationality since birth. My parents were born in Hong Kong when it was part of the British Commonwealth, and I have checked their old passports which says "British Subject: Citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies", the passport they used to enter the UK says "British Passport Hong Kong" and when it was renewed in England it became "British Passport United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland". Would I be correct in saying they are thus British since birth? If I say no then it asks for a naturalization certificate number which I do not have as they did not receive one.

Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42