+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 LastLast
Posts 411 to 420 of 422
  1. #411

    Nervous Newbie

    BlackCountryContractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    19
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    10
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    11

    Default

    https://www.fcoservices.gov.uk/produ...urity-vetting/

    Anyone else find this interesting to read?

  2. #412

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Hello everyone, I work for a vendor in IT security as a contractor with the potential to work with government agencies in the future. I was investigating whether I could be proactive and start a security clearance process ahead of winning business to prevent delays to the project.

    From what I understand from the FAQ that isn't possible as I would need a sponsor right?

    So to start the process to complete the Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check I would need the customer to sponsor me?

    Thank you.

  3. #413

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Getting clearance with a criminal record?

    Hi all,

    After making a huge mistake when I was 19 which is now 11 years ago I spent 6 months in prison. Since then I have never been in trouble with the police again, and my conviction is "spent", I've completed university, got married had a kid and have a great credit score.

    My issue is, I have just been offered a job at a new company and in the offer letter they have stated I will need to be security vetted either at the start of employment or when necessary (this is something that has never been previously mentioned).
    It's a great opportunity and good salary and with my new baby I am eager to pursue a career and provide for my family.

    1. Will I be disregarded for clearance for being in prison for 6 months, I plan on being honest with the agency when they ask the relevant questions.

    2. Will my employer be notified of my conviction if I pass or fail? (they have never asked if I have a conviction)

    3. Should I just take the job hope for the best and be honest if and when I need SC?

    Thanks for the advice.

  4. #414

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    25,570
    Thanks (Given)
    1019
    Thanks (Received)
    902
    Likes (Given)
    4145
    Likes (Received)
    3633

    Default

    No one knows. The reason is everything depends on what the conviction is for and whether it means you could easily be blackmailed.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  5. #415

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    15
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobmarle View Post
    Hi all,

    After making a huge mistake when I was 19 which is now 11 years ago I spent 6 months in prison. Since then I have never been in trouble with the police again, and my conviction is "spent", I've completed university, got married had a kid and have a great credit score.

    My issue is, I have just been offered a job at a new company and in the offer letter they have stated I will need to be security vetted either at the start of employment or when necessary (this is something that has never been previously mentioned).
    It's a great opportunity and good salary and with my new baby I am eager to pursue a career and provide for my family.

    1. Will I be disregarded for clearance for being in prison for 6 months, I plan on being honest with the agency when they ask the relevant questions.

    2. Will my employer be notified of my conviction if I pass or fail? (they have never asked if I have a conviction)

    3. Should I just take the job hope for the best and be honest if and when I need SC?

    Thanks for the advice.
    Just be honest. I've been security cleared for 12 years and apart from the original one been through 2 renewals with a criminal conviction (no prison time etc though). As a previous poster mentioned, they care about your ability to be blackmailed about the conviction. If you're honest and you disclose it on the vetting forms then it takes away the issue of being blackmailed. However, it does matter somewhat if the conviction was for fraud etc. I'd still be honest though.

  6. #416

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    15
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiduz View Post
    Hello everyone, I work for a vendor in IT security as a contractor with the potential to work with government agencies in the future. I was investigating whether I could be proactive and start a security clearance process ahead of winning business to prevent delays to the project.

    From what I understand from the FAQ that isn't possible as I would need a sponsor right?

    So to start the process to complete the Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check I would need the customer to sponsor me?

    Thank you.
    List X client needs to sponsor SC. Cannot get it without being sponsored. Personally l wouldn't bother with BPSS prior to any role as most roles now will have a vetting team that will insist they do it anyway as soon as you start.

  7. #417

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Question SC Application Questions

    ..

  8. #418

    Ddraig Goch


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Cymru
    Posts
    8,937
    Thanks (Given)
    88
    Thanks (Received)
    159
    Likes (Given)
    1071
    Likes (Received)
    501

    Default

    Only took 3-4 weeks. Pretty fast....
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

  9. #419

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Security Clearanse

    Had had SC clearance and it was due to lapse , so started a new job worked on SC site for 8weeks but they did not transfer it from previous and now it has lapsed can I sue the company for not transferring it time, now I have to get another company to sponsor me so have missed out on a good contract which I obtained

  10. #420

    Double Godlike!

    stek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    East of Eden
    Posts
    10,797
    Thanks (Given)
    3
    Thanks (Received)
    239
    Likes (Given)
    11
    Likes (Received)
    1405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mannka View Post
    Had had SC clearance and it was due to lapse , so started a new job worked on SC site for 8weeks but they did not transfer it from previous and now it has lapsed can I sue the company for not transferring it time, now I have to get another company to sponsor me so have missed out on a good contract which I obtained
    Yes, for a hundred million trillion pounds, muhahaha, muhahaha..

    Serious answer, no. Stop thinking like an employee, it’s B2B ‘you’ can’t sue anyone except possibly yourco.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.