• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance (SC) Q&A Read first before asking questions

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wantacontract View Post
    Bit of an usual question this I hope, as searching has yielded nothing.

I was put through SC on a role back in 2014, but I left the contract in the summer opting not to renew. I heard nothing about the application until XMAS, when they wanted to have an interview. Had the interview and then heard nothing again.

Then May this year I was contacted and informed my SC has been passed.

however upon application for a SC role, I am being told by the account manager that my SC would have expired as I left site/project back in 2014.

??
    Back to the original question, SC goes with the role, if you no longer have a valid role to hold SC you don't hold SC, however if you have had a valid role within the past 12 months you can usually transfer it to the next role.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Back to the original question, SC goes with the role, if you no longer have a valid role to hold SC you don't hold SC, however if you have had a valid role within the past 12 months you can usually transfer it to the next role.
      yup, spot on....

annoying...

Comment

Can you actually start a role that requires SC, without having it yet?
        I mean, as in going to the client, and do work, and get paid, and normal stuff... meanwhile your SC is on process?

Because if not, I don't get how people can wait months for their SC to come. What if by then there is no role, no project, nothing?

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherGuy View Post
          I mean, as in going to the client, and do work, and get paid, and normal stuff... meanwhile your SC is on process?

Because if not, I don't get how people can wait months for their SC to come. What if by then there is no role, no project, nothing?
          Yes it's possible, it requires "supervised" access to protectively marked material, this sort of thing requires decisions by the site security office and the management of the work.
          It's also far from rare for people to only start after the clearance is in place.

Comment

What TM said above but sadly you've hit the nail on the head around the SC problem. There are rules about not considering people that don't have SC and you can report companys for doing it but the sad case is they will put 'Existing SC clearance required due to timescales' on every advert and get away with it. Closed shop.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Security Clearance - Question - Please Help

Hi,

I am new to this SC clearance and all the information provided here is valuable and helped me in understanding the SC clearance types.

I have a question if someone could help me in answering

I have to undergo SC clearance asked by my Sponsor/Employer. My Question is

How does the National Security Vetting (NSV) Agency notify my Sponsor/Employer, once I have been granted SC clearance?
              What information does (NSV) pass on to my Sponsor/Employeer OR How/What does NSV tells my Sponsor/Employer about ME (Is it just a certificate stating that Mr. XX has been granted SC clearance from X date to Y date Or Something else)?

Please Help

Many thanks

Comment

got my sc clearance through yesterday.

took 13 months. was previously cleared and had expired.

fco emailed 2 months ago to say due to system error application had not been looked at.

previous enquirers to the fco met with wall of silence.

it is truly a broken system due to the fco.

Comment

Hmmmm strange one,

Got my SC through a few months ago, no problems, contract ended so I applied for a job asking for SC, the offered me the job filled in all the forms to transfer the clearance from old to new, get an email from the pimp after meeting the security controller at the client now saying the role doesn't need SC only Disclosure Scotland and that I need to apply for this my self at the cost of £25.

Trivial amount aside I have never had to pay to get a role before, very much inclined to tell them to **** off!

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I started at the client without my SC, but wasn't allowed to work on the Programme that required the clearance so I was sat twiddling my thumbs for 6 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      Hmmmm strange one,

Got my SC through a few months ago, no problems, contract ended so I applied for a job asking for SC, the offered me the job filled in all the forms to transfer the clearance from old to new, get an email from the pimp after meeting the security controller at the client now saying the role doesn't need SC only Disclosure Scotland and that I need to apply for this my self at the cost of £25.

Trivial amount aside I have never had to pay to get a role before, very much inclined to tell them to **** off!
                      Applied for contract once. Agency said you need disclosure scotland but fill out the forms and we'll pay for it. OK no problem.

So got the clearance, went for interview. Got offered something better so declined this one. Cheers agency for the freebie though!
                      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X