• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency ads...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency ads...

Here is a (totally imaginary, of course) situation:

- you spot a contract ad from Agent A, who subsequently, after talking to you, puts you forward for the role. Great.
    - you spot an ad that is visibly for the same contract, but from Agent B this time.

Do you:
    - apply again through Agent B, in the hope he'll put you forward as well?

after all, while it doesn't increase your chances, it could ensure (provided you get put forward by Agent B as well) that agent B will put one less competitor against you?

Or will the client find that weird to have your CV coming from 2 different agencies?

The accepted wisdom is…

The client will sense a big legal argument with the agents about who put you forward first, and will avoid this by putting both your CVs in the bin.

Comment

Good point, thanks. Didn't think of that.

Comment

Agency ads...

I thought that was considered general knowledge. I have been contracting since 1992 and have always made sure that my CV is put forward by only one agent. Never had a problem...

KC

Comment

This of course supposes that the idiot agent actually tells you that he's put your CV forward.

I well remember D*n H****ly K**g of Cl*v*d*n putting my CV forward without telling me.

And then another agency did the same thing.

Amazingly enough I got an interview.

Didn't get the job of course.

Comment

Don King's your agent? I'll look out for you next time I'm in Vegas. No, I'd happily send the CV out to any number of agents until one actually put be forward, but I'd always stop at that.

Comment

Hazard of agencies Im afraid Becky.

Once had my cv placed into a client without them telling me exactly who the client was. Four weeks later got another agent to put my CV to Virgin.

I was perfect for the role, and they wanted to interview. Agent A phone B, had an argument they both wanted me to send a letter saying who was first and finally Virgin phoned me directly and said they wouldnt interview me and apologised.

Both agents skulked off and I was the loser.

Lesson learnt.:rolleyes

Comment

I don't think his name was Don King, more like Don Key...

Comment

Working...
                X