• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oputing out at renewal?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: .

Tim - I am not terminating a contract though - the contract ended and we are failing to agree terms for a renewal.

Thanks for the input though.

Mailman - sadly not no, I do not just work as a contractor through this company - other ventures on the go etc....

cheers

Comment

warner ,

you are renewing a contract. This will continue on the same terms unless you all agree to new ones or somebody declines to continue on the same terms. It is likely that for the purposes of the agency rules the courts will see the renewall as the same 'position' and ISTM that it is the agency who are disinclined to accept same terms and are therefore the ones 'at fault'.

tim

Comment

Hi Tim.

The agency are the ones who want the same terms as the old contract.
        I am the one who wants to change them or be opted in.
        Continuing on the same terms without me opting out surely means that I am by default opted in and thus the terms are invalid which do not comply with the regs?

The agency do not want to supply an opted in contract, citing the clients "lack of position" wrt opting in/out - but equally they cannot MAKE me opt out, so I guess they are adopting a "do nothing" stance until the client comes out with a definite policy, in which case they can say "we HAVE to do this because the client wants it, take it or leave it"....

cheers.

Comment

Working...
        X