• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Renewal time for me too :)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renewal time for me too :)

Spoky to my boss yesterday who advised that my contract was being extended until the end of the year...so this morning I get a call from the agents all excited about extending the contract.

Well they were all excited until I told them I wanted a rate increase...the guy literally gagged for a good 10 minutes :rollin

Anyway...I am meeting with the agents tomorrow so will discuss this and a few other "things" with them then.

So...what are some good tactics to use when dealing with the blood suckers...oh sorry Oak, I mean well meaning business men who wouldnt think of jipping me out of as much of my daily rate as possible?

Mailman

Tell 'em what you want.

Tell 'em you can get what you want elsewhere.

Tell 'em you'll walk if you don't get what you want.

And be prepared to walk if you don't get it.

Comment

The funny thing was that when we were discussing the margin they are making (11% according to them) he started going on about how they werent getting paid x pounds per day...which funnily enough was the amount HR had advised me they were paying.

So...who to believe? :rollin

Mailman

Comment

Re: .

I'm with Toby on this, especially his final point. The knowledge that you're the best choice for the job (if you're the incumbent and they want to extend, you generally will be) and the balls not to care if you aren't are a powerful combination.

Comment

Flabergasted

What???????

All those arrogant rolling emoticons and within a week you're back here asking us how to help you negotiate a rate rise?

I thought you were streetwise?:rollin

All mouth and no ........

Comment

hahaha...just got a 25% rise.

Yes...all mouth and no :rollin

The old...Ill walk does wonders :lol

Mailman

Comment

Re: .

You could easily have said 35% and no-one here would have known whether or not you were being truthful or not.

25% ??

I don't think so.:rollin but good luck with your life anyway. You give us all a chuckle from time to time.

Comment

I started at 10 and went up from there :rollin

Bypassed my oh so helpful agent and spoke directly with my manager. Upshot is...agents margin has decreased while my profit has increased

Still...the agents are still making far too much off my back.

Mailman

Comment

Working...
                X