• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Opt Out - Gun to the head

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mailman

Oaksoft where does altruism become self interest and where does self interest become greed? Greed is such a subjective word. Why two months? why not three? six or seven even?
    leave the market alone I say.

Comment

DodgyAgent

I say 2 months because that is what the new Agency Regs require as a handcuff clause from those not opting out.

Why would an agency resist this rather unimportant concession and therefore have to spend inordinate amounts of time and money trying to get every contractor opted out?
      Just seems like a waste of time, money and energy to me.
      In my opinion, 2 months is a more fair time anyway. It'll still stop contractors dropping the agency.
      Surely there are more important battles for agencies to worry about like finding a way around the itmesheet issue?

Comment

Re: Opted-in discrimination

Oaksoft

You have missed section 33 (13).

tim

Comment

There is no section 33 (13).

If you are talking about 32 (13) then I don't see your point.

Comment

Sorry, 32(13).

A simplistic reading of this says that Agents may *not* refuse to provide work-finding services to opted-in Ltd Co contractors.

How hard they try and on what terms, are another matter.

tim

Comment

Its quite simple really...if you are opted in you are f*cked. Thanks PCG for continueing the status quo where the agents will continue to maintain their strangle hold over contractors.

Oh but then again...according to Oak agents are all very loving and caring people and wouldnt ever think to try and pull one over contractors :rollin

Mailman

Comment

Problem is tim123 that this is easily got around. Nobody can force BigAgency to perform work finding services for them.
                All they'll notice is that their phone stops ringing. Impossible to prove this in court.

As I said elsewhere and as mailman alludes to above, nobody really wins when legislation is introduced because it is human nature to get around it.

Comment

Re: .

Problem is mailman that some are finding their contract terms are being changed to less friendly ones as a result of the regs. That includes those inside AND outside the regs.

No point blaming the PCG.

The fault lies squarely at the door of the agencies for not getting their houses in order.

Comment

Working...
                  X