• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent sitting in his boat?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another from Hoaxley...

Kimberley Roe, hang your head in shame. She provides a crap excuse for a rejection and then goes straight for the references...

Thank you very much for your recent application, having your up to date C.V. on record, plus an idea of your ideal role is invaluable to me in helping to secure your ideal role

Unfortunately on this occasion you have not been successful in being offered this role.

This is of no reflection on your ability and fit for the role but they have hired a candidate internally on this occasion. It does (quite rarely) happen unfortunately and is something that I cannot foresee or control, so very sorry that this role has not worked out

The main problem in this case has been that the internal candidate had a fantastic reference which he had immediately to hand and because I couldn’t get references from you that fast, he has been offered this job on this occasion.

For this reason, because I don’t want your chance of getting a role being usurped by an internal candidate with a faster reference I am now starting to take as standard 3 references from all people who have applied for a role of mine and who I have short listed.

This has the following benefits for you
    *Your application can be processed faster
    *You will not miss out on any opportunities because of a slow process
    *I can find out about possible opportunities with previous employers of your and possibly get you back in there

Also I have been in situations before where a fantastic reference has actually secured a £50,000 offer on a candidate- after all if your old manager loved you, its likely your new one will!

So for these reasons I now need 3 references from you so that I can consider you for other Oracle DBA roles.
    I am being quite strict on this because I want to be able to move fast on the Oracle DBA opportunities remaining and the faster I can take the references, the faster we can get you in to interview. The reason I am asking for 3 is simply in case 1 is not available to talk to at the time so I will still have the required 2.

Your references need to be technical references so ideally an It Manger. Supervisor/ Project Manager etc- 1 in your current role, 1 in your previous role. If you would rather I don’t contact your current manager at this time- i.e. because he doesn’t know you are looking for new opportunities then that is fine, just state that by his name and make sure you include 3 previous managers details

So what I need is
    *Manger name
    *Job title/company
    *Email address/telephone number

I appreciate you may be slightly concerned about giving our your current managers names at this stage but I can guarantee to you if you state by their name they are not to be contacted then they will not be contacted in relation to you until I have you a new job role

I do need these references back asap to get your CVs over to my clients asap to get the interview
    requests. Any not in by the end of the week your application will be cancelled, as I will assume you are not looking for a new role any longer

If you do have any worries or queries then please do feel free to give me a ring-0207 4695177

Remember the sooner I get these references, the next step we are in our job search

Apologies again about this original role, but hopefully we can get your something better!

Look forward to working with you

Warm Regards

Regards,
    Kimberley Roe
    IT Division
    Huxley Associates
    020 7469 5177
    [email protected]
    I didn't even apply for such a role...

Comment

Originally posted by rsingh View Post

If you do have any worries or queries then please do feel free to give me a ring-0207 4695177
      I would feel free to call and discuss all my worries if she's a fox

Comment

Its probably the time of year when Hoaxley employees are gearing up for their annual performance review - mine was a Jamie Allen. Nice though that they have sent out different emails - do you think they have a department that just makes up 'good' phishing emails. If so do you think they'd give me a job doing that I always wanted to be a fiction writer?

Comment

What crock that is! She must be really bored or desperate. If she reads this thread she should be ashamed of herself.
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
          X