• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Von Essen Consulting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep us posted mikemloy.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Von Essen View Post
      Ltwtl, I did include my contact details on my response, I have sent them again. Happy to deal with any query you may have.

Regards
      Errrrr - no you didn't! But appreciate the fact you took the time to ensure I do have them now & also confirm my suspicions of who you are - thank you.

You're intentions may be honorable but given the complexities and not to mention the incestuous connections that link VE LLP with Sunday, Bradbury & Co, Reed Morgan etc etc - you're really going to have to go the extra mile I'm afraid and convince victims (of which I am one) to touch base with you after all this time.

Yes, many contractors saw their tax money returned by VE during the time they were in a VE LLP but only by demanding it but many didn't - despite the demands.

There was a monumental cock-up by VE at the time that saw many contractors who had signed up to the new VE LLP (after VE had acquired the contractual obligations of Sunday Solutions) but were still having their money processed through the old Sunday Solutions' partnership!!! And guess what happened to all that money - have a stab at how many millions of pounds of retained tax money never made it to HMRC.
      We all knew that Sunday/Bradbury had done a runner at that time but VE continued to feed those partnerships - it does make you wonder what kept their ears apart doesn't it - especially when you take into account the very same people who worked at Sunday were now answering the phone as VE!

So all the time we believed we were in a VE LLP we weren't - and to add more salt into an already septic and gangrenous wound I had to take out yet another loan to pay HMRC for the tax VE should have paid to HMRC for the 09-10 tax year - this is of course ontop of the loan I had to take out for the money Sunday/Bradbury never passed on to HMRC for the 08-09 tax year. How sick do you think I feel having to pay my tax all over again, and then all over again.

I did receive an email from one of the director's of VE at the time saying he knew nothing of this & believed my tax affairs had followed me to VE since I had signed the partnership agreement (I have copies) and of course all my customer service needs were being managed by VE (I still have all the emails, the paperwork,the brochure and the complimentary VE T-Shirt!). But how could he not know this? Surely alarm bells were going off and since this person was the Director of the invoicing arm of Sunday Solutions where did he think our money was going? I'm still waiting to hear from him regarding his findings by the way - despite chasing him up at the time - he left VE sometime ago now so he won't be of any use.

If you like, I can go into the hardships my family and I faced (and still do), the stress related illnesses I suffer from - having to take a job 4 hours drive away from my family in order to make ends meet and repay the loans. It seems it's acceptable for certain people to hide behind their stress and to avoid accountability but they still manage to find the money to fund £400+/hour solicitors to fight against the legal action group.
      You still want to help me?

Comment

As mentioned above, you have my contact details, I am available to discuss this with you.

Kind regards

Comment

Originally posted by Von Essen View Post
          As mentioned above, you have my contact details, I am available to discuss this with you.

Kind regards
          Sounds like a stuck record - what's wrong with defending yourself on the forum?

Comment

Has there been any update on this? I've been offered a gig abroad however the agency are pushing me to use Von Essen and have advised I cant use my UK ltd company (not sure why this is the case as the agency is also a UK company?)......

Comment

Originally posted by KaiserSoSay View Post
              Has there been any update on this? I've been offered a gig abroad however the agency are pushing me to use Von Essen and have advised I cant use my UK ltd company (not sure why this is the case as the agency is also a UK company?)......

As far as I'm aware they are still in business. I used them for a six month contract in 2009 and still are sorting out tax stuff with them due to there constant mistakes. Personally I will never use them again and would think twice about any one who would recommend them. I don't think they are closing down or anything but in my opinion they are just are not very good.

Comment

Latest with Von Essen

Hi Guys,

My first post.....my first contract.....and my first assignment abroad....yep a proper noobie

I've also been offered a contract abroad and the agency are insisting I use Von Essen (probably down to getting a visa/immigration sorted quickly?).

I wanted to ask what my options are in terms of trying to get a visa abroad?- ie is there an equivalent?

How can I prevent issues with tax?- other than not use them?

What are my alternatives?

KaiserSoSay- have you started using them? if so how you getting on?

Apologies guys- but already nervous being my first contract and now read this stuff about VE lets just say this contract is now feeling like more headache than its worth

Comment

Originally posted by ITConsultantDK View Post
                  Hi everyone!
                  I would like to warn everyone of working with Von Essen Consulting.

I have unfortunately worked for this firm as an IT-Consultant. Their role was to handle my salary and of course take a management fee for this.

As things are right now I have still not received my salary for December 2010 and we are in the end of February.

The only thing I am getting from these guys are how much they will be extracting as management fee. In reality there have not been any management at all since I had decided to cancel my contract with them due to lack of professionalism.

I have by now contacted them countless time regarding my salary for December 2010, they keep delaying my salary with one excuse after another. The only thing they seems to care about is extracting their own management fee for work they have never done.

I have made several complaints by writing to the only email address of Von Essen consulting, that I have been able to find <snip>]. But nothing happens. It's like they have experienced this before and are trying to make it impossible for customers to make complaints.

I have asked about the email addresses of the management, yes even the CEO by writing to <snip> but this email have been completely ignored.

I have now come to the point were I have decided to start contacting local authorities: police office, tax office, etc.

Want I want with this thread is to warn everyone of dealing with Von Essen Consulting.

Sincerely
                  A frustrated IT-Consultant.

[Mod] some content removed before being let through [/Mod]

UPDATE:
                  I have had my financial problem solved with Von Essen Consulting.
                  Sorry for not having updated this thread earlier.

Comment

Von Essen

I have the same problem with Von Essen!
                    These people are a complete nightmare and are with holding my payment for no reason!

They don't seem to realise that I too have financial commitments like a mortgage to pay!

With them holding my money back, I have missed payments on my financial commitments, which is now ruining my credit rating.

The finacial manager which I have been assigned to is worse that useless! They don't know anything! All they say is that "We have sent you your payment. If we have sent it, you must have it"!!!

I will NEVER recommend them to anyone!

Comment

New activity from Von Essen

I've come to the forum googling for "Von Essen".. I have just received an agreement of sorts from them, for me to sign.. and that's weird. My experience has been that an agency finds me a job, and THEN I have to sign something
                      So, this feeling somewhat dodgy, I had to check what they are about. I think now I'll stick to my original reaction: *just ignore them*

"Dear ... (name removed)
                      I would like to thank you for accepting our invitation to become an Associate of Von Essen
                      Consulting SA and look forward to a happy and prosperous relationship together. To
                      complete this process we require you to sign at the bottom of this page.
                      Upon joining you will enjoy a breadth and depth of services that will make your working life
                      easier. Some of our key benefits are shown below but please contact us to hear everything
                      that is available to our Associates:
                       On The Bench Payments
                      Our reward to you for helping our business grow
                       Von Essen Partner Card
                      An efficient method of receiving your rewards
                       Resource Management
                      A team dedicated to helping our Associates and Partners identify their next
                      project
                      The combination of our global reach, experience and expertise allows us to deliver solutions
                      and the very highest levels of support to our consultants wherever they are working in the
                      world. Our team of experts are always available to assist you with any enquires you may
                      have and we look forward to hearing from you in the future.
                      Kind regards
                      ...(name removed)
                      Head of contracts Management
                      To Be Completed By the Associate
                      I am happy to join Von Essen Consulting SA as an Associate whereby I can refer their
                      Consultancy services to my colleagues. I have read and understood the attached Associate
                      Agreement and accept that I will abide by all the terms and conditions.
                      Signed by"

Comment

Working...
                      X