• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I just need to get two references ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drei View Post
    The catch is that they are clever little tulips. They will ask for references from the places you worked. They can tell it is an agency.

BTW, I think that now since CAPITA is handling most Public Sectors contracts, they actually do want 2 references beforehand, I have seen them even ask for last 5 years of references... crazy. I am willing to provide the info but give me a job first.
    I take it you're aware of the impending IR35 changes to public sector gigs?

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Drei View Post
      I am willing to provide the info but give me a job first.
      You've already got a job. It's clients and income you need
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Templeton. Wet behind the ears prick got the name of a random CxO of a household name company & their customer service number. Only regret not giving him the twitter account.

Also talked the little tulip 15 minutes into the meeting he was supposed to be having with the end client in "their building",

Comment

RocSearch.

Had 2 calls last week about supposedly genuine contracts (private sector). Each one concluded with a request for 2 technical references with me refusing to play ball.

Just had another call from Rocsearch & I asked right away if this was going to be another convoluted conversation which would end up with a request to give 2 technical references. Phone went dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
            RocSearch.

Had 2 calls last week about supposedly genuine contracts (private sector). Each one concluded with a request for 2 technical references with me refusing to play ball.

Just had another call from Rocsearch & I asked right away if this was going to be another convoluted conversation which would end up with a request to give 2 technical references. Phone went dead.
            God loves a trier. QED God is not a contractor.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              God loves a trier. QED God is not a contractor.
              But would He be inside IR35? Who does the Lord Almighty take D&C from?

qh

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                But would He be inside IR35? Who does the Lord Almighty take D&C from?

qh
                Yeah but his RoS f**ked.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Yeah but his RoS f**ked.
                  Not the case surely... Odin, Zeus

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                    Not the case surely... Odin, Zeus
                    Wasn't it the baby Jesus? (Granted his own stint at freelancing didn't go that well).

qh

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Yeah but his RoS f**ked.
                      God created man / man created God - RoS solved.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X