• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I just need to get two references ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another tactik I have found is consultants with fake names and fake locations, PURELY wanting leads.

I usually stop them before going into detail and ask them to email me (they never do)

BUT what can you do, play the game.

Consultants... can't work without em lol

Comment

I've just started contracting, one agency I was talking to asked and got a reference. He followed it up, it was good, he used it to get me an Interview and I was offered the job. Sadly this was the day after I had accepted another contract but I'm pretty happy the guy was square with me, when he told the end employer they asked him to re-present me in two months, just before my current contract finishes. Three months of looking and then four contract offers on four consecutive days, just like waiting for a bus.

Comment

When I was offered my current job I got an email from the agent asking for bank details, ID copy blah blah then at the bottom was a message asking for the last 2 years work references and if I had been out of work longer than a month(!!!!!!!!) a personal reference to do with being compliant in some way shape or form.

I sent what they needed back that actually would be needed for the role and ignored the references part. They never questioned it or chased it, I've been paid and I have even got an extension and they never asked so they really needed them didn't they to be compliant!! If I get the request via email I always ignore them.

Comment

I've just received an email form an agency saying that, in order for them to process my registration, I'd have to send an email scan of my passport(s), bank or credit card, references and past details of umbrella companies I have used.

I replied by email that they know where they can go and asked them to delete my file. They have been ringing the phone for two hours but I hang up all the times. That's why I have recalled this thread.
          <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
            I've just received an email form an agency saying that, in order for them to process my registration, I'd have to send an email scan of my passport(s), bank or credit card, references and past details of umbrella companies I have used.

I replied by email that they know where they can go and asked them to delete my file. They have been ringing the phone for two hours but I hang up all the times. That's why I have recalled this thread.
            What Agency?!

Comment

I just had a call from some agent out of the blue, didn't answer but picked up the VM, cue the usual banal speech about a role which didn't fit in a location the other side of the country. Best part was that I could barely make out what he was warbling about as it sounded like he was either in the pub or the bookies, needless to say I wont be 'getting in touch with a copy of my latest CV'...

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
                I just had a call from some agent out of the blue, didn't answer but picked up the VM, cue the usual banal speech about a role which didn't fit in a location the other side of the country. Best part was that I could barely make out what he was warbling about as it sounded like he was either in the pub or the bookies, needless to say I wont be 'getting in touch with a copy of my latest CV'...
                Just had a call from sentinel. Sounds like there was a whole call centre of them doing the same. Been pumping me for info. Played along but didnt give anything away. Got an extra 15 minutes added to my phone tarriff out of it so, winner!
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

I got cold called a couple of days ago by an agent asking what techs I worked on, where I was based, what rate I was on etc. Then he said he would email me job specs etc. He never did.

I don't mind. They play their game, we play ours.
                  "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
                    BTW The agency was called 'Exposed Solutions' ... now what kind of dodgy sounding name is that for a recruitment agency

Comment

I always refer to them to my contacts on LinkedIn for references. Perhaps I should turn them off. I got a contract in the past however, by someone getting in touch with my ex client and called me for an interview.
                      My mind has gone blank. I wonder if it was always that way.

Comment

Working...
                      X