• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I just need to get two references ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    exactly! rewards for leads!

If an agent said "my word is my bond" I would take his bond.

Obviously DA is the exception to this rule...
    I'm confused, so Dodgy hasn't got a chance
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      You cant do that, that is silly. There is a legal requirement for references to be checked and you should leave it to the agency and the clients administrators to deal with. You only need to get involved in references once the contract has been secured.
      Really? Why?

Don't remember there being a legal requirement to check a builders references. Once again the govt not allowing people to act like a true business.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
        Really? Why?

Don't remember there being a legal requirement to check a builders references. Once again the govt not allowing people to act like a true business.

Fair question. I dont think that there is a direct requirement, but there are consequences for you if you dont check references and problems then arise. Our clients insist that references are taken (though not necessarily subjective views on competence and skill).
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

http://www.thewell.ru/eng/job/Refere...rself_eng.html
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            You cant do that, that is silly. There is a legal requirement for references to be checked and you should leave it to the agency and the clients administrators to deal with. You only need to get involved in references once the contract has been secured. The last thing that the interviewing hiring manager wants to be bothrered with is references.
            That's b*llsh*t. My strategy has never failed me yet and I have yet to be asked for references though they are available with me at the client meeting should they be requested. You have just reminded me why I only work with about 3 or 4 reliable agencies.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
              That's b*llsh*t. My strategy has never failed me yet and I have yet to be asked for references though they are available with me at the client meeting should they be requested. You have just reminded me why I only work with about 3 or 4 reliable agencies.
              Well Bully for you. I am referring to the large employers of contractors, not the caravan site owners who need their computers screens wiping along with the sperm stains on the bedsheets.
              Last edited by DodgyAgent; 6 August 2008, 22:13.
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Indeed. As a hiring manager I've no interest whatsoever in references that some candidate brings with them. They're even less worth than confidential references.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

As has been said a thousand times - References after offer. Failing that make two names up from your previous company.

Comment

Originally posted by weemster View Post
                    As has been said a thousand times - References after offer. Failing that make two names up from your previous company.

or give them the agency details, which really p****s the reference grabbers off.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Working...
                      X