• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I just need to get two references ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mehmeh View Post
    I was told a year or 2 ago that they have to get 2 references as its a illegal for them to not screen their contractors.

What a tw@t
    I really wonder how these people are able to walk upright and use simple tools

Comment

Just had Huxley ask for 3 references! Apparently it's their policy with new contractors.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
        Just had Huxley ask for 3 references! Apparently it's their policy with new contractors.

Hoaxley

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          Well of course it's their policy to try and scam as many leads as they can. It's the way that they work

tim

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Hoaxley
            I know I avoid them like something nasty you pick up on holiday.

I wonder if they actually have any roles at Hoaxely? Or is there office just one man, a telephone, and a large ball of tumbleweed that rolls from corner to corner while they dream up another faux ad to put on jobserve
            Last edited by strawberrysmoothie; 27 January 2009, 14:22.

Comment

Hoaxley ?

What do you mean to say that the guy that phones me this morning was just sniffing for leads???

Huxley have been round the way for ages. I can think back to the early 90's and being dragged in for face to face interviews when they actually did a real job...

That's a shame the job seemed so nice and it was paying a fortune

If none of you want to pass spent leads or connections back to the guys that try and sell you, then you are going to have a long time sat on the bench in this climate. I have had a couple of good results in the past where a total donkey has decided not to bother passing my CV on to a customer only to find me taking the job through another agent that was willing to spend some extra time earning themselves six months cash

So far I have passed several gigs back to agents and I may have even un benched a good friend in the process.

Comment

Does anyone ever get a gig thru Hoaxley? I get bombarded by emails from them about "jobs" that have nothing to do with my skill set whatsoever.
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I think I might get a couple of international SkypeIn numbers to dish out to agents.

Or should I get an 0870 number and use that instead, so I can make some cash off the fishing trip....
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    I think I might get a couple of international SkypeIn numbers to dish out to agents.

Or should I get an 0870 number and use that instead, so I can make some cash off the fishing trip....
                    Give them an 090x number instead. That should get rid of at least 80% of the agencies who are looking to phish.
                    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

This fresh off Jobserve of all places

Not content with trying it on with Fishing trips it seems at least one Agency is trying to plunder peoples entire contact network.....

Project Manager - IT Recruitment - Remote/Homebased.
                      This opportunity offers the chance to work closely with a successful IT Recruitment firm, developing new contacts and business. It is an ideal role for Project/Programme Managers currently seeking employment during the current recession. In exchange for your expertise and experience, you will be rewarded with a flexible work timetable to fit around your existing commitments coupled with a substantial passive income and a unique insight into the IT recruitment market. Applicants will need to possess a strong Project Management background working within the IT industry.
                      Tiger Resourcing operates as an employment agency and employment business.
                      LocationHome based, UK
                      CountryUK
                      Start DateASAP
                      RateExcellent Commission Structure
                      Employment BusinessTiger Resourcing Solutions Ltd

Comment

Working...
                      X