Page 112 of 112 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112
Posts 1,111 to 1,116 of 1116

Contractor Among Contractors

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Wonder Boy View Post
    So normally if an Agent is asking for two references I tell them that I only give references directly to clients. Here's the twist, I am chasing down a contract in the Netherlands. I'm now being asked for two references on submission.

In the UK its 99.99% a scam, does this apply in the Netherlands in your experience?

Thought I would ask before I told him to sling his hook on that one.
    Netherlands is the same. Agents are scum in any country

Still gathering requirements...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sam12321 View Post
    I have had this problem with Rocsearch - its blatant that they are fishing for my old boss's names . They invent a job, with a high hourly rate and then start asking for your previous boss details for their "database". I just say I don't give references without an interview. But whenever an agent asks for references its usually dodgy.
    Ive had this from ROC as well. They got very shirty when I said references would be supplied on receipt of a job offer which seemingly wound her up even more.

Then they wanted me to go to Chorley to be 'interviewed' by their head man to see if I 'fitted the criteria' for candidates they like to put forward. Also politely refused that which again, surprise, surprise, she didnt like.

I dont seem to get any calls from them now for some reason!

Ddraig Goch

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by washed up contractor View Post
    Ive had this from ROC as well. They got very shirty when I said references would be supplied on receipt of a job offer which seemingly wound her up even more.

Then they wanted me to go to Chorley to be 'interviewed' by their head man to see if I 'fitted the criteria' for candidates they like to put forward. Also politely refused that which again, surprise, surprise, she didnt like.

Meeting agents beforehand = complete waste of time. I did it once because I had a face to face close by one day and I was on the bench so why not? Waste of time. All they did was make me fill out crap forms and try and get leads off me.

ROCsearch - its not annabel something is it?

Meet the criteria - what a load of tulipe. Agencies only criteria is if they can get in at the client.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Contractor Among Contractors

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by washed up contractor View Post

They will call you don't worry, newbies who have a target of harvesting x number of references will be desperate and call you. Every couple of months I get one from ROCsearch, when I'm bored I keep them on the phone and let them talk and talk

Faqqed Off

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A guy from Maximus rang me yesterday telling me how he usually gets people a 10-15% increase on their rate and / or a promotion. But he needed to know my home address and lots of other pieces of information before they could help.

If anyone wants his number I can share it - couldn't tell you him mumbly name so he's in me phone book as "Nob @ Maximus"
    Best Forum Advisor, 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Fingers like lightning

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    A guy from Maximus rang me yesterday telling me how he usually gets people a 10-15% increase on their rate and / or a promotion. But he needed to know my home address and lots of other pieces of information before they could help.

If anyone wants his number I can share it - couldn't tell you him mumbly name so he's in me phone book as "Nob @ Maximus"
    Ben Dover and Neil Down my ex-IT managers will always give me a good reference, one was the IT director at JP Morgan and the other at Credit Suisse, I encouraged the agent to get in contact with them ASAP and if he found that they're hard to get hold of then he (the agent) was to call HR direct for an official written reference from them. They'll get you a job in the end.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 112 of 112 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112