Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111
Posts 1,101 to 1,107 of 1107

Contractor Among Contractors

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kh64 View Post
    +2 for Nigel Frank - total timewasters and borderline harassment. I've probably received a call a day for the last 2 months from these clowns. Just kids that are desperate to punt low level Microsoft consultant (AX) roles.

If you've got AX anywhere on your CV, do yourself a favour and decline any calls from the 0191 area.
    Most Nigel Frank and their same worthless sister company Mason Frank calls come from the 020 area (for microsoft CRM and Salesforce), I have loads on my block list, but they keep calling from new numbers

I live on CUK

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Eirikur View Post
    Most Nigel Frank and their same worthless sister company Mason Frank calls come from the 020 area (for microsoft CRM and Salesforce), I have loads on my block list, but they keep calling from new numbers
    Ask them to remove your personal data from their database citing the Data Protection Act 1998. You may have to send emails or a recorded delivery letter. Regardless of the validity they will leave you alone for at least a year.

I've had to do it when over enthusiastic agents text and email me repeatedly for perm jobs in random areas of the country.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

eek

bored now

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've had multiple interviews through Nigel Frank and job offers in the past - never worked through them as other things have come along...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Nervous Newbie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by eliquant View Post
    Its a lie, interviewers never ask for references up front .. never ever in City / Banking jobs not even after Sep 11th etc.

Its a trick, I'm telling you straight its a TRICK !
    I'm glad you said that as that usually tends to be a rather heated discussion I have with agencies.

Nervous Newbie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I had a call from them this morning. I'd applied for a local contract with cracking rates. A lass from Nigel Frank rang, but wouldn't tell me the recruiting company (until I was on their "shortlist"), asked me a load of general questions about skills/experience etc. (which could easily be found on CV summary page), & asked for 2 references. Oh, and she wanted to use my CV (with identifying details blanked out) to fish further. She got a polite no thanks in return, which she seemed surprised at. Ho hum!

It sounded so much like a scam, so I thought I'd check here! I just had to join & post to say thanks to confirming my suspicions.

And, to add to the evidence, I've just had a follow up e-mail. Nothing about representing me for the "contract" that I'd applied for - it was just to request the references!

Nervous Newbie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Oh, and I just googled the first sentence of the job description & ended up finding the whole thing had been lifted, word-for-word, from an advert on Linkedin for a permie position based in Belgrade. Funnily enough, the job's disappeared from Jobserve. Cheeky buggers.

Godlike

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nigel Frank are well known for it. Absolute waste of time.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

+ Reply to Thread
Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111