• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

registering a ltd company in isle of man

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was contacted about a role in the IOM this morning.

Politely declined it.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post

Politely declined it.
      Think your missing the whole point here fella.

The difference between you working through IoM and all the others who start a thread on it, is that you would actually be going there.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        Think your missing the whole point here fella.

The difference between you working through IoM and all the others who start a thread on it, is that you would actually be going there.
        WHS. Nothing wrong with working there, it;s trying to run your Ltd from there as an excuse to run your tax affairs offshore that is the issue.
        Last edited by DaveB; 20 July 2011, 15:30.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Politely declined it.
          There are several online gambling firms over there which are recruiting for contractors. Same applies for Malta and Gibraltar.

Nothing wrong with the roles and the work is quite interesting generally ... some even encourage workers to place bets on their systems during working hours

Comment

Originally posted by redgiant View Post
            There are several online gambling firms over there which are recruiting for contractors. Same applies for Malta and Gibraltar.

Nothing wrong with the roles and the work is quite interesting generally ... some even encourage workers to place bets on their systems during working hours
            Like this one....

Shed Coordinator Job in Isle Of Man - Jobsite

Some many jokes, so little time.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Politely declined it.
              I have done contract work over there - I thought it was great, a really relaxing way of life right next to the sea. Its a bit like the UK in the 1970s

Comment

Working...
              X