• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iprofile???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Utter mess

Total pain to fill in correctly - fantastic example of passing the work on to the consumer - bit like pick-your-own but without the fruit at the end.

Anyway - I've ended up with about five or six profiles because each time I apply for a job, I get an email saying that they've created me an iProfile and would I please go and sort out the mess that their import script has made of my details.

Nice idea but complete and utter tosh to use

Otherwise excellent
    35,000 TPD - 28/11/2007, 19:15
    (Special Sportsmanship credit to NickFitz)

Comment

Some agencies seem to use this as their main database - it is junk though. I keep getting calls for, er, other types of .net that I don't do.

Comment

Originally posted by gooey View Post
        Once you complete all those forms then all the agencies you are with and that use iprofile (most of the big ones!) will receive the update and be able to search more accurately on your cv. You may never see the direct benefit but you will come higher up on their searches if you're a match.
        You must work for Skillsmarket... Please, just scrap that heap of sh!te, or go bankrupt, or something just so I don't have to get an e-mail about my iProfile (that I have never set up) ever again.
        Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

can't believe it. this iprofile bolox actually come in useful. apparently hays it use Iprofile and picked up my details on there. they've just lined me up a contract

Comment

I've had an iProfile (is Steve Jobs suing for the use of the i prefix?) for ages and have never had a call directly attributed to it. In fact, you've just reminded me to delete my profile!

Comment

Originally posted by gooey View Post
              Once you complete all those forms then all the agencies you are with and that use iprofile (most of the big ones!) will receive the update and be able to search more accurately on your cv. You may never see the direct benefit but you will come higher up on their searches if you're a match.

You forgot to mention that every big agency will create a new iprofile for you when they get your resume so you end up with about 20 different iprofiles all with different things in them and they generally take things like "tested web pages in a .NET environment" to mean ".NET developer" and "Have supported software with database backend, but have not SQL knowledge" to mean "Experienced in SQL".

Total wastes of space IMHO. I tried to keep mine up to date about 5 years ago, but every time I got it right some other agency uploaded details from my resume where thier software was crap and added loads of crap in that was wrong. I just got fed up with it in the end and ignored it and I haven't had any obvious loss of business as a result.

Comment

I recently got this reply to an application from Volt:

-----------
                Thanks for responding to our job advert. Your CV has been passed onto the relevant consultant.

We are pleased to see that you already have an iProfile and as we are iProfile Compatible our consultants will now be able to use it to provide you with the best possible job service.

As you know, we use the iProfile services to keep us up-to-date with our candidates. Therefore, if you haven't already done so, we would really appreciate you checking that the details on your iProfile are current and correct. These details are passed directly to the desktops of our consultants to assist them in finding you the right job
                -----------

This is complete BS. I don't have an iProfile and do not intend to have one.

I suppose given the things pimps get up to, I shouldn't be surprised.

Comment

Just read Ardesco's response again and now I see I must have an iProfile by sending my CV to another agency. Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Angus View Post
                    This is complete BS. I don't have an iProfile and do not intend to have one.

I suppose given the things pimps get up to, I shouldn't be surprised.
                    I bet you £5 you DO have an iProfile! I thought I didn't and when I checked I was on there with lots of out of date contact details, a completely mangled work history etc etc

There is no option to delete either (or wasn't when I last looked)

Its basically a POS.

Comment

It's complete utter cack.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                      X