• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

List of Counties/Regions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List of Counties/Regions

Any ideas where I can get a list of the current recognised regions and counties of the United Kingdom?

I've done a google search, and each site I've found seem to have a different list! Some seem to be donkeys old!

TIA,

Kev

You and me both..

Wish I could dig out the URL for it, but I saw some statistics, recently released by the UK gov., that had amongst the headings "East Riding" and "West Riding"...

So there's not much hope...:lol

Comment

Post a Hotmail type email address here and I'll email them to you.

The set I have is a few years old, but is pretty comprehensive and include postcode prefixes (WC1, AB10 etc.)

Comment

Thanks Eddie.

[email protected] would be a good address to use!

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

Kev

Comment

What’s wrong with “East Riding”

East Riding of Yorkshire is a region of the UK. It has it’s own council (in Beverley), and covers an area which used to be North Humberside.

Comment

Although the Ridings exist in name, the official place names disappeared in 1974. Much like Middlesex - doesn't actually exist but people there call it by it's name as it's what they are used to.

The councils tend to still keep their names as it is what is recognised. For example, Somerset County Council doesn't cover the Bath and NE Somerset area.

Comment

www.eastriding.gov.uk

So there.

Comment

Working...
              X