• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

G2 Recruitment - opinions ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    As you are running a business you should do debt recovery or are you trying to stir up trouble?
    Just sharing my experience. It's very difficuly to plan if you don't know when you're going to be paid. It's also difficult to concentrate on work if you don't know if you're going to be paid. They were always apologetic but never seemed to get it together.

Comment

Their rates have always been utter tulip in the roles they've sent me. Probably why I've never bothered with them.
      Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
        Their rates have always been utter tulip in the roles they've sent me. Probably why I've never bothered with them.
        I did an 8 month gig a few years ago, and yes the rate was a bit tulip. Other than that, no problems at all and paid weekly on time. They have however spammed my inbox with entirely unsuitable roles ever since (I'm not a bloody junior PHP developer!).
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Do not use g2 recruitment ltd - scam

Hi

I am an experienced Engineer and I am currently suing G2 in County Court

In a nutshell what they do - like almost all Agencies - is agree with the Engineer on Terms and Conditions - i.e notice pay, duration of contract however when they set up the contract with your umbrella company they CHANGE the conditions and cut you out of the loop - in essence if they have promised you i.e one month's notice pay and a sic months contract when they set up the contract with your umbrella company you are converted into " zero hour "

It is the most dishonest thing these Agencies do - and they all do the same - when they set up the contract with your umbrella there is no longer a contract with you and as such if you take them to Court for breach they will argue to the Judge there never was a contract between you and them

Comment

but isn't that a reason not to use an umbrella rather than not use G2, particularly if "they all do it"?

Comment

Originally posted by fidot View Post
              but isn't that a reason not to use an umbrella rather than not use G2, particularly if "they all do it"?
              Interested to know who "they" is in "they all do it" - agencies, umbrellas or both?
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by bayliner123 View Post
                It is the most dishonest thing these Agencies do - and they all do the same - when they set up the contract with your umbrella there is no longer a contract with you and as such if you take them to Court for breach they will argue to the Judge there never was a contract between you and them
                From the context quoted above, "they" = agencies

Comment

Originally posted by bayliner123 View Post
                  Hi

I am an experienced Engineer and I am currently suing G2 in County Court

In a nutshell what they do - like almost all Agencies - is agree with the Engineer on Terms and Conditions - i.e notice pay, duration of contract however when they set up the contract with your umbrella company they CHANGE the conditions and cut you out of the loop - in essence if they have promised you i.e one month's notice pay and a sic months contract when they set up the contract with your umbrella company you are converted into " zero hour "

But you dont have a contract with them if going through a umbrella? And why you going to court?

Comment

Working...
                  X