• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What are the penalties?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the penalties?

My computer shop is tucked away in an industrial estate not too far from some major roads.

I’m going to stick some direction signs up, Anyone know how much I will be fined if I am caught doing this?

Advice please.

Don't know, but at a guess you'll be buried in an iron coffin with spikes on the inside to discourage others from breaching planning regs.

Comment

Not as bad as IR35 penalties then

Comment

My guess is that you would be told to take them down before it came to a fine...

Comment

Ninereeds, who does your business insurance?? I'm having trouble sourcing some.

Also, hope you don't mind, but how much rent are you paying at your industrial site?

Comment

V,

The insurance company is with ohara (from this site I think)

Rent on 1500sqf is £580pcm rates are £160pcm both inc

Comment

signs

round here the council just seem to slap a big "illegal" sticker over your sign. primary impact is on the estate agents.

there is a mechanism for getting signs put up - ask the council and the AA/RAC (they offer short term signage for special events so must be up on the rules)

Comment

re

12 yards from the goal central

Comment

Working...
                X