• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

rates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sure that they will have various different parts of the company all registered as individual companies in the group though. I'm sure that employment of contractors will be handled by one of the companies in the group that can be VAT registered.

Banks know how to make money, and don't often miss a trick. I will not belive that none of them have found a way around reclaiming VAT for a large portion of thier business activities that do not involve exempt supplies.

Comment

Originally posted by mocha
      I am considering taking a contract/consulting role and will be negotiating rate/terms directly with the client. What's the standard practice for quoting day rates on a financial services contract - are these usually inclusive or exclusive of VAT?
      Thanks.
      It goes without saying (I hope) that to charge VAT you have to be VAT registered !
      It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

So which is the correct answer? If you see a gig on Jobserve for Barclays, Halifax or another bank which is advertising £500 p.d., are they expecting that to be plus VAT on top or are there going to be problems later when you get the contract to sign?

Comment

Will always be £500 + VAT (if VAT is applicable). You'll never see a VAT inclusive rate, because VAT belongs to the VAT man, not you.

Comment

Working...
          X