• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mentioning current client's name to agents.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DS23

but why would you care that an ex-client was getting calls from agents? they get calls from agents all the time! even if your cv was the source why would that bother you, the agent or the ex-client? well, ok so most clients don't want unsolicited agency calls but that's up to the client to filter and manage - not the contractor.

i suppose if an ex-client actually asked me to remove data from my personal or company cv then i would act differently but nobody ever has.
    1. I don't want agents pestering my clients. do *you* like unsolicited sales calls?

2. I'd rather a client use me again than the agent possibly putting someone else in.

3. They can generate their own sales leads without making up fake jobs to try and get my client list.

Comment

[QUOTE=Epiphone]1. I don't want agents pestering my clients. do *you* like unsolicited sales calls?
      QUOTE]

but it's not about calls to me - its about calls to someone else and i don't care two figs for johnson & johnson or baxters or dell or whoever getting calls from agents touting for work. heck, they get hundreds of calls each week. some have entire departments to manage agents and contracting processes.

but.... i realise what you are saying - my clients (and project work) tend to be on the enormous side.. no, no, that sounds terrible - what i mean is i usually play a tiny part in huge projects that are transforming global company systems and processes. these clients and projects tend to have dozens, if not hundreds, of project staff and it really is of no consequence whether agents are phoning on the back of my cv because every oracle agent in the land (and a fair few outside) is phoning every day anyway.

but if the client is smaller and the projects shorter, repeatable and dependent on a personal relationship then i can absolutely see the advantage of withholding details as you do - that makes sense and i can think of a couple of instances where i might be best to do this in future.

personally, i hate unsolicited calls to my home phone for stuff i have no interest in but i really don't mind agents calling my mobile for a chinwag.

Comment

Looks like most of us rather not put any names unless it is a big Client, where stuff is complicated , and the agent is less likely to reach anything specific. Interesting !

Comment

My current client is so huge that it puts the agents off straight away. Kind of satisfying in a way.
          It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Working...
          X