• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pcg

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pcg

I am considering joining, but would like to hear from existing members, to find out how they have benefitted from joining.

cheers
    Last edited by DaveP; 30 May 2007, 11:58.

Well apart from the free PEI insurance, extensive discount on other key services, the library of resources and contactual material, the huge amount of information and advice available through their forums, the sense of belonging to an organsiation dedicated to making the case for the Freelance with HMG and the agencies and the work they are doing lobbying HMG over tax, business and employment matters in general, what has the PCG ever done for us...?

Mal "call me Reg" Volio
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I treat them as a set of insurance policies, with some sort of trade body attached. It's worth joining for the insurance policies alone.
      There's aso a dizzying number of fringe benefits that changes on a more or less weekly basis. Some of that's probably worthwhile too, if you can keep up with it.

Comment

I joined to support an organisation that represents my interests. And for the insurances.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
          Well apart from the free PEI insurance, extensive discount on other key services, the library of resources and contactual material, the huge amount of information and advice available through their forums, the sense of belonging to an organsiation dedicated to making the case for the Freelance with HMG and the agencies and the work they are doing lobbying HMG over tax, business and employment matters in general, what has the PCG ever done for us...?
          Brought peace?

Insurance mainly, though I have used one of their template contracts before and used their forum a couple of times. But I don't mind paying a modest amount to support something that does represent our interests, even if I'm a bit suspiscious of all their glossy magazines full of happy smiling contractors.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio

Mal "call me Reg" Volio
            Sanitation? The Aquaduct?

Are you the Judean Peoples Front?

Comment

Originally posted by angusglover
              Sanitation? The Aquaduct?

Are you the Judean Peoples Front?
              Feck off!! He's the People's Front Of Judea
              Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
                Feck off!! He's the People's Front Of Judea
                I thought he was the Front of the Judean People?

Comment

Originally posted by fzbucks
                  I thought he was the Front of the Judean People?

Splitters!
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Your father was a Roman...

What? You were raped?

Well...at first...

ahahahahaha...classics...

Comment

Working...
                    X