• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working without contract?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working without contract?

Hi

I have been working at a large multinational for the last 4 or so month without issue. My current contract is due to expire this Friday and I'd like to take a few weeks off, so told them I wouldn't be extending....they asked if I could stay another week (so ending on the 11th) which I agreed to.

Thing is, I still haven't had the paperwork for the extension through, and they keep fobbing me off. The agency say they're waiting for the manager at the company to sign...

I'm happy to leave this Friday, but has anyone worked without having a valid contract? It's a big company, so I'm sure they won't cheat me, but just wondering what people's experience/opinions were?

Cheers

Just raise a purchase order for your time.

Comment

It's all down to whether you trust the client to pay you, and whether e.g. your liability insurances will cover you.
      Best to put something in writing ("i'm going to do you this and it will cost you this" or "we the undersigned being Mr Pancamo and Burger King PLC agree to extend their agreement dated whenever to whenever covering this that and the other") but it doesn't absolutely have to be a full-on contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
        Just raise a purchase order for your time.
        The client would raise a purchase order.

To the OP, email the person in charge of the purse strings asking them to confirm the details by {whatever} time. If they don't and you think you might not get paid, walk.

Comment

Working...
        X