• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is 13% mark up good or bad for an Agents margin?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends if you're the agent, client or contractor? Please be more specific.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

my agent takes that cut

Comment

Better than most, IME.

Comment

No no no. You take the cut not him. He set the deal with the client, you set the deal with him. He gets the money and gives you what you agreed to work for. The agency money is not a markup on your rate, your money is a slice of their income. Get that straight and you will save a lot of soul searching.

Meanwhile, 13% is entirely reasonable
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
            No no no. You take the cut not him. He set the deal with the client, you set the deal with him. He gets the money and gives you what you agreed to work for. The agency money is not a markup on your rate, your money is a slice of their income. Get that straight and you will save a lot of soul searching.

Meanwhile, 13% is entirely reasonable

Surely you should be saying that 87% is entirely reasonable!
            Property advisor for the people

Comment

Well I discovered mine yesterday to ba a ridiculous 40%

I'm happy with my rate but god help him come extention time
              Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner a future"

Originally Posted by Pogle
              I wasnt really into men at the time - IYKWIM

HTH

Comment

13% ? Is that what agent is telling you ?
                It seems too low.

Comment

Just found out that, to use the language of this thread, that my agency is paying me 66% of the client charge. Just been offered a long extension, and have just asked agency for my first ever increase....gulp!! I have the negotiatory power of a handkerchief in a handbag

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
                    Just found out that, to use the language of this thread, that my agency is paying me 66% of the client charge. Just been offered a long extension, and have just asked agency for my first ever increase....gulp!! I have the negotiatory power of a handkerchief in a handbag
                    In my experience nothing works with these slimy beings until you threaten to walk out.

Comment

Working...
                    X